New Hampshire racing to resolve school funding dilemma
- WEST VIRGINIA: Berkeley to Vote on Tax Hike. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;7/23/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33154, p9
The article reports on a tax increase to be voted by the residents in Berkeley County, West Virginia on September 26, 2009. Residents will vote on whether to hike property taxes to support a $51.5 million bond issue that would partially finance $96.5 million of school construction and renovation...
- NEW MEXICO: S.F. County Sets GO Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/23/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33801, p7
The article offers information on the increment of property tax regarding general obligation bond referendum of New Mexico.
- ARKANSAS: Tax Extension Eyed for GOs. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/3/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33741, p7
The article reports that Little Rock, Arkansas's Board of Directors has given tentative approval to September 2012 election asking voters to extend property tax which would help to support general obligation bonds (GOs) worth 105 million dollars.
- Plano, Tex., Officials Approve $128M Of Bonds for Capital Improvements. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/25/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31064, p6
Reports on the Plano, Texas, city council's approval of a plan to send a $128 million general obligation bond package for capital improvement to voters in May 2001. Possible increase in the city's property tax rate.
- Ailing hospital district may see financial woes cured. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/31/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30818, p4
Reports on the approval of a property tax increase that will help the Harris County Hospital District in Houston, Texas, to return to financial health. Use of the proceeds from the property tax increase to back bond issues; Revenue losses suffered by the district.
- N.C Counties Taking School Bonds to Voters. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/1/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31256, p4
Reports on the move of several counties to ask voters to approve bonds for school building and renovation project in North Carolina. Amount of the proposed bond; Speculations on the response of voters to the initiative; Expected number of supporters to the bond package.
- Volume Tops Record, With More Ahead. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;10/1/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31482, p1
Reports the rate of new-issue volume in the long-term municipal bond as of the first nine months of 2002 in the U.S. Disclosure on the total amount sold by issuers; Projections for the fourth quarter; Expectations on the strength of issuance in the education sector.
- New funding scheme for poor schools shouldn't raise market hackles. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;08/11/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30206, p26
Opinion. Asserts that the municipal bond market, despite being bypassed, should support a funding program for poor schools in the United States. Tax credit for the so-called qualified zone academy bonds; Investors' criticism of the earlier Bondholder Taxable Option; Bias in the municipal market...
- Lower voter threshold sought in California. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;05/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30636, p7
Reports on a petition drive in California to lower the voter threshold for local school bonds to a simple majority. Campaign to include the measure in the March 2000 ballot; Personalities behind the campaign; Number of signatures needed for the ballot.