Buy and hold or trade away? Managers discuss the delicate balance
- Bear Steams Vets Find Homes At RBC And Jefferies. // High Yield Report;7/14/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p3
The article announces several appointments as well as resignations of various executives including Jim Wolfe who was appointed as managing director and head for U.S. leveraged finance of RC Capital Markets, Jeremy Hughes and Chris Lang's who were appointed as high yield portfolio managers of...
- Employee-Owned Wasmer Schroeder Adds Muni Vet McCullagh to Florida Staff. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/3/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32726, p6
The article announces that Andrew M. McCullagh Jr. has been appointed as senior vice president of Wasmer Schroeder & Co.'s sales and client development division.
- Wanted: Someone to Manage $36 Billion in Equities. Tagle, Joe // AiCIO News;2015, p1
The article announces the hiring of a portfolio manager by Illinois Treasury Department's Investment Division to lead its public equities program.
- The OPM Factor. Stein, David M.; McIntire, Greg // Financial Planning;Apr2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p99
Discusses the importance of overlay portfolio management to multi-manager account programs. Logic behind an overlay portfolio management; Benefits of multi-manager accounts; Steps on how to design and implement an overlay portfolio.
- Meyer: More shifts to euros possible. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;04/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30628, p2
Reveals that there has not been a portfolio diversification from American dollars to the euro since the introduction of the common European currency, according to the United States Federal Reserve Board Governor Laurence Meyer.
- Not quite the end of unit trusts. Basson, Handrie // Finance Week;04/06/2001, p63
Discusses the prospects for the adoption of folios, an initiative introduced in the United States in March 2000 to enable investors to choose shares and compile their own portfolios, in South Africa. Benefits of folios for investors; Impact on unit trusts; Factors affecting investors'...
- Out of balance. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;3/3/2003, p47
Evaluates the performance of balanced investment portfolios in South Africa. Purpose of maintaining balanced portfolios; Fallacies about balanced portfolios.
- FIDELITY ADVISOR EQUITY INCOME FUND. // Bank Investment Consultant;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p45
Provides tips in managing investment on Fidelity Advisor Equity Income Fund. Mitigation of portfolio's risk; Application of position size balancing; Maximization of fund's exposure.
- INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION--CONFERENCES and SEMINARS. // Benefits & Compensation Digest;May2010, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p11
A calendar of events for various conferences and seminars for the employee benefits industry from May 2010 onwards is presented, which include the Washington Legislative Update in Washington, D.C. on May 3 and 4, Portfolio Concepts and Management in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania from May 24 to 27,...