Rarity, yields sought in early February's slim pickings
- NY muni loss bruises Goldman. Willis, Gerri // Crain's New York Business;8/05/96, Vol. 12 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the implications of Goldman Sachs & Co.' loss of the New York City general obligation account. Failure to hold on to the city's account; Demonstrations of the dramatic shifts among New York City municipal bond bankers; Significance of the city's reassignment of underwriting posts.
- Busy week ends with a whimper. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;07/13/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30433, p1
Looks at the prices of municipal bond in the United States as of July 13, 1998. Secondary municipal bond prices quoted unchanged; Performance of the tax-exempt market; Goldman, Sachs & Co.'s total unsold balance on New York State general obligation bonds; Impact of Japan's upper house election...
- NY muni loss bruises Goldman. Willis, Gerri // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;8/05/96, Vol. 12 Issue 16, p1
Reports on Goldman Sachs & Co.'s losing of the New York City general obligation account and its dropping from the underwriting team of the Local Government Assistance Corp. Implications of the losses suffered by the company; Goldman's winning of three slots as underwriter for New York City's...
- Goldman Fights Dot-Coms' Lure with Stock. // American Banker;4/6/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 67, p20
Reports that the Goldman Sachs Group Inc. will present stock to thousands of its employees in an attempt to retain employees who might be tempted to join Internet-related companies. Reasons that investment banking is a reliable and secure way of making money; Lure of World Wide Web-based companies.
- Tired investors at least get things their way. // High Yield Report;05/25/98, Vol. 9 Issue 21, p5
Presents information on two office product deals to take place in the high yield market. Identification of the two companies in the deal; Amount of money involved in the deals; Value of a two-tranche issue, which European-based Goldman Sachs will bring for Regional Independent Media.
- International private equity is a top draw. Price, Margaret // Pensions & Investments;7/8/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p18
Reports that international private equity has become one of the hottest areas in alternative investments according to a survey conducted by Goldman Sachs & Co. Availability of investment choices; Returns and diversification.
- Goldman Closer to New Liberty-Bond Funded Headquarters in Lower Manhattan. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/8/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31964, p4
Reports that the board of New York's Battery Park City Authority approved on September 7, 2004, a measure permitting Goldman, Sachs and Co. to develop a new corporate headquarters in the state-operated neighborhood in lower Manhattan, which the state plans to subsidize with up to $1 billion of...
- Online muni mart has a new trendsetter: Goldman. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/13/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p11
Reports on Goldman, Sachs & Co.'s launching of the market's first electronic deal in March 2000, setting a trend in the municipal bond market. Shop as lead manager for a deal for the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, making it the first fully capable municipal bond offering over the Internet;...
- Negotiating on the `Net. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30846, p1
Focuses on the online selling of a comprehensive municipal deal for Puerto Rico by Goldman Sachs & Co. Impact of Internet format on the participation of middle market investors; Views of President Lourdes Rovira of the Government Development Bank for Puerto Rico on the innovation; Automated...