Sterne Agee grabs First Commerce short-term muni crew
- Sterne Agee veteran says he will retire. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;11/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30512, p34
Announces the retirement of Alvin Guillebeau from Sterne, Agee & Leach Inc. Comments of Guillebeau's boss, Charles White about the move; Background on Guillebeau's career with the company.
- Sterne Agee Expands with M&A Team on West Coast. Monks, Matthew // American Banker;3/29/2012, Vol. 117 Issue 49, p2
The article discusses the expansion of Sterne, Agee, & Leach's bank advisory team for U.S. mergers and acquisitions and the hiring of bankers John Hamel, Gerhard Erdelji, and Aaron Sharabaika.
- Hampden in Massachusetts Hires Sterne Agee to Explore Sale. Cumming, Chris // American Banker;11/ 8/2013, Vol. 178 Issue F344, p18
The article reports Hampden Bancorp hired Sterne, Agee & Leach investment bank to help the Springfield, Massachusetts community bank explore a possible sale and mentions executive compensation was discussed at Hampden's November 5, 2013 annual meeting.
- Bank targets venture needs. Bowser, Andrew // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/19/94, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p24
Reports on the plan of First Commerce Capital Corp. to invest one to one and a half million dollars in a company spun off from a large oil-field related firm. License to operate as a Small Business Investment (SBIC); Payment of SBIC capital investments; Transaction opportunities; Feedback from...
- Fund to Give Small Banks Access to Trust-Preferreds . MATTHEWS, GORDON // American Banker;9/8/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 172, p22
Reports on the creation of a closed-end investment fund that will invest in trust-preferred securities issued by capital trusts formed by community banks First Bancorp Inc., First Southern Bancorp Inc., and Central Community Corp. Plan to list the fund on the American Stock Exchange; Provision...
- Getting Back to Banking. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31749, p1
Reports that New York City council member David I. Weprin has joined Alabama-based broker/dealer Sterne Agee & Leach Inc. as senior vice president in the company's New York division. Weprin's experience in public finance banking; Absence of conflict between Weprin's job as a councilor and vice...
- Morgan Keegan brokers jump ship, form firm. Bonura, Chris; McCulley, Russell // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/02/98, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p9
Reports that some brokers from Morgan Keegan and Co.'s operations in New Orleans, Louisiana, left the company to establish a local branch of Atlanta, Georgia-based Sterne, Agee and Leach.
- Harvard Illinois Hires Investment Bank to Evaluate 'Alternatives'. Broughton, Kristin // American Banker;11/12/2014, Vol. 179 Issue 174, p8
The article discusses the hiring of investment bank Sterne, Agee & Leach by Harvard Illinois Bancorp to explore Harvard's strategic alternatives, investment fraud involving Harvard's short-term investment with firm Pennant Management, and the total value of losses because of the investment.
- Analyst Soundoff: 5 Questions For Sam Poser. Abel, Katie // FN: Footwear News;3/30/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p37
The article presents an interview with Sam Poser, analyst with Sterne Agee & Leach Inc. When asked about his outlook for the spring athletic business, he said that there will be a good start fo the business. He said that he likes Foot Locker, Finish Line and Hibbett Sports. When asked about his...