Under fire, Los Angeles treasurer resigns
- AN EX-MAYOR'S PAPER PROJECT. Fitzgerald, Mark // Editor & Publisher;4/22/2002, Vol. 135 Issue 16, p8
Reports the plans of former Los Angeles Mayor Richard Riordan to launch a newspaper to counter part the Los Angeles Times newspaper in Los Angeles, California.
- Mayor pushes L.A in new direction. Wood, Daniel B. // Christian Science Monitor;4/24/95, Vol. 87 Issue 103, p4
Reports on the reform measures of Republican Mayor Richard Riordan of Los Angeles on the eve of the presentation of the budget on April 21, 1995. Significance of the passage of Charter Amendment 2; Increased government accountability; Budget details and Riordan's strategy.
- L.A.'s new leader. Privitera, Deborah // Hispanic;Sep1993, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p12
Highlights public opinions on the election of Richard Riordan as mayor of Los Angeles, California. Money as reason for winning according to Los Angeles County Supervisor Gloria Molina; Popularity in the Hispanic business community according to Rosa Marin Executive Director of the Latin Business...
- New LA port panel reflects `tough' image projected by new GOP Mayor Riordan. Brady, Caroline // Traffic World;11/8/93, Vol. 236 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on the panel appointed by Richard Riordan, mayor of Los Angeles, California, to run the city's port. Confidence on the decisions of the Harbor Department staff; Views of panel members; Gertrude Schwab, former community activist; Carol Rowen, founder of Republican Women for Choice; Lee...
- The pedaling politico: L.A.'s cycling mayor. Martin, Scott // Bicycling;May95, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p30
Profiles Richard Riordan Mayor of Los Angeles whose hobby is cycling. Riordan rides a Softride-beam mountain bike. Riordan's meet-the-mayor rides; Toured through Europe; Witnessed Greg LeMond's final Tour de France victory; Comments from Paul Tay former Los Angeles bike coordinator.
- On to another term. Streisand, Betsy // U.S. News & World Report;04/21/97, Vol. 122 Issue 15, p12
Discusses the re-election of incumbent Republican Mayor Richard Riordan in Los Angeles, California. His opponent, the former 1960s radical Tom Hayden; Unprecedented showing by Hispanic voters; Growing Latino power; Question of whether Riordan can unify a racially divided city.
- Y'all come back now, y'hear? // Advocate;8/10/93, Issue 635, p7
Reports that Los Angeles, California mayor-elect Richard Riordan has spent his last Sunday before his inauguration at the city's gay rights parade.
- A race that could revive California's GOP. Wood, Daniel B. // Christian Science Monitor;10/12/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 223, p3
Discusses gubernatorial elections in California, and the candidacy of former Los Angeles Mayor Richard Riordan.
- Los Angeles mayor proclaims Gift Show Week. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Jan1994, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p8
Reports on Los Angeles, California Mayor Richard Riordan's declaration of January 22 to 26 as California Gift Show Week. Show's expansion to the L.A. Convention Center.