Massachusetts Governor outlines budget, calls for income tax cut
- Cellucci proposes lifting Massachusetts spending just 2.8%. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/27/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30816, p32
Reports on Massachusetts Governor A. Paul Cellucci's budget proposal where he outlined the state's spending plans. Proposal to expand the state clean water revolving loan funds; Allocation of funds to help process of privatizing the operations of the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority.
- Massachusetts' Cellucci Approves Big Dig Plan; SEC Probe Lingers. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;05/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30895, p34
Reports on Massachusetts Governor A. Paul Cellucci's approval of a financing plan for the Big Dig road construction project in Boston, Massachusetts. United States Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) investigation into whether the state should have disclosed a budget gap earlier; Amount...
- Expand Paths to Teaching, Cellucci Tells Lawmakers. Gehring, John // Education Week;01/24/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p16
Reports on Governor Paul Cellucci's support for the testing system for schools in Massachusetts. Other education policies proposed by Cellucci; Criticisms against the testing system.
- Staying the fiscal course tops Gov. Cellucci's agenda. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/17/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30770, p5
Focuses on Massachusetts Governor A. Paul Cellucci's agenda to maintain fiscal prudence. Outline of Cellucci's plan to strike funds out of the proposed spending from the legislative budget; Challenge of lawmakers to go beyond the financial changes in education reform.
- Massachusetts' Cellucci Seeks Direct Hospital Aid, $1 Billion for Schools. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;01/19/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31060, p7
Reports that Massachusetts Governor A. Paul Cellucci has pledged to increase direct aid for hospitals. Plan to give one billion dollars to schools; Maintenance of fiscal discipline.
- Massachusetts utility deregulation set for governor's signature today. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;11/25/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30280, p5
Reports that Governor A. Paul Cellucci is scheduled to sign in November 25, 1997 a bill that will deregulate the electric utilities in Massachusetts. Pressure on legislators to pass the measure in the face of the 1998 election cycle; Provisions of the bill; Power companies' agreement to sell...
- Worried in Massachusetts. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/11/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30827, p1
Reports on Massachusetts Governor A. Paul Cellucci's proposal to have a statewide authority borrow on behalf of the school districts. Concerns of financial advisers on losing out on the lucrative of working with local school districts; Instituting a statewide borrowing pool.
- Massachusetts governor proposes easing debt burden by retiring GOs. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/11/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30827, p3
Reports on debt reduction plan of Governor A. Paul Cellucci seeking to ease Massachusetts' overall burden. Retirement of up to 650 million dollars in outstanding general obligation debt; Proposal of the governor.
- Governor Sends Big Dig Chief Packing Over Federal Review. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;04/12/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30869, p32
Reports that Massachusetts Governor A. Paul Cellucci has fired James Kerasiotes as head of Boston, Massachusetts' Big Dig highway construction project. Results of a federal review of the project.