Federal shortfall forces New Mexico to rethink road plan
- North Carolina. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p28
Reports that members of the Raleigh City Council in North Carolina voted to begin preparing a $45 million road bond referendum for May 5, 1997. Annual spendings on road construction.
- Prospects brighten for Garvee issuance in Colorado. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;03/11/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30596, p4
Reports on the prospects for the preliminary approval for the Colorado state government to sell and issue grant anticipation revenue debt for highways. Opposition to the plan by some state senators; Plans of proponents to push for legislation requiring a referendum on the revenue debt.
- Florida County May Resort to Tax-Backed Bonds for Road Project. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;06/02/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30904, p3
Reports on the pending decision by commissioners in Polk County, Florida on whether or not they will sell a revenue bond issue to finance a road expansion program. Rejection by voters of a sales tax allowing the project to proceed; Source of debt service from a public-service tax on gross...
- West Virginia Set for Highway GO Issue; 3d in $550 Million Package. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;06/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30915, p29
Reports on West Virginia's plan to sell general obligation highway bonds by negotiation on June 20, 2000. Value of the transaction; Underwriter and co-managers of the deal.
- Massachusetts goes for the Gans, again; officials see no reason to tinker. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;11/16/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30521, p32
Features the Commonwealth of Massachusetts' floatation of $321.4 million of federal highway grant participation notes. Uses of the proceeds of and security for the municipal bonds; Assessment of the bonds by various credit rating agencies; Structure of the issue.
- Utah adjusts GO plan to help repair roads for 2002 Olympics. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;07/18/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30190, p28
Reports that state officials in Utah has advanced the sale schedule of $205 million of general obligation bonds on August 5, 1997. Planned used of funds generated from the sale to finance road improvement in the state; State government's launching of its first commercial paper program.
- A changed market for N.Y. thruway issue. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p2
Reports on municipal bond market conditions for the New York State Thruway Authority's new-money and refunding bonds set on September 3, 1997.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;03/19/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31099, p4
Presents a status report on legislative bills affecting the municipal bond market in the United States as of March 19, 2001. Public School Construction Partnership Act; High-Speed Rail Investment Act of 2001; National Energy Security Act of 2001; America's Better Classroom Act.
- N.Y.C. City Council Likely to Fast-Track Mayor's G-37-Like Proposal. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;05/14/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31138, p1
Reports the speedy legislation of the New York City Council on the G-37 proposal in New York, New York. Restrictions of the G-37 proposal to firms associated in municipal securities; Imposition of a moratorium on rulemaking; Comments of the senior research associate of the Citizen's Budget...