Univ. of Michigan Jan. index climbs
- Consumer Sentiment Climbs to 76 in June. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;6/28/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33340, p2
The article presents a forecast from the economists polled by Thomson Reuters for the University of Michigan's final consumer sentiment index reading to reach a 29-month high of 76 in June 2010.
- UM forecast confirms positive outlook '97. // Crain's Detroit Business;11/25/96, Vol. 12 Issue 48, p8
Opinion. Argues that the University of Michigan released its annual forecast for the United States' economy. Predictions for U.S. economy; Prediction on vehicle sales.
- Preliminary September U. of Mich. Index at 84.6 vs. 82.5 in August. Siegel, Gary // Bondbuyer.com;9/12/2014, p9
The article reports that 84.6 was the preliminary September consumer sentiment index reading from University of Michigan, which was close to the 83.2 reading expected by participants of the poll conducted by Thomson Reuters.
- Consumer sentiment rising. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/28/2014, pA02
The Univ. of Mich. consumer sentiment index was 88.8 in the final Nov. reading, down from the mid-month 89.4 but above Oct.'s 86.9 and the best in years. Bloomberg's Consumer Comfort Index rose 2.2 points to 40.7 in the Nov. 23 week. The gauge of views on whether it's a good time to buy hit a...
- Consumer Sentiment Index Gains to 88.9 in March. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p2
The article reports that the University of Michigan's final March 2006 consumer sentiment index reading was 88.9. The final reading matched the final February 2006 reading. The final expectations index was 76.0, as compared to the 74.2 reading at mid-moth. The current conditions index gained to...
- UM economic report predicts growth will pick up by next year. Henderson, Tom // Crain's Detroit Business;3/24/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p27
The article presents information on Research Seminar in Quantitative Economics, a quarterly report complied by the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, which predicts that U.S. economic growth will pick up in 2009. The report predicts a 1.5 percent decline in national economic output in...
- Preliminary November U. of Mich. Index at 72.0 vs. 73.2 in October. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;11/12/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34010, p1
The article informs that the University of Michigan's preliminary consumer sentiment index reading was 72.0 in November 2013 compared to the final 73.2 in October 2013. The five-year inflation expectation index was 2.9 percent as compared to 2.8 percent in October 2013 while the one-year...
- Confidence and Consumption Show Signs of Life. Demyanyk, Yuliya; Chapman, Samuel // Economic Trends (07482922);Nov2012, p6
The article offers information on the Consumer Sentiment index from the University of Michigan on the consumers' level of optimism in the U.S. economy. It notes that consumer sentiment during the recession has evidently dropped, worst at 55.3 in November 2008. It reveals an improvement in the...
- Consumer remains the key to the economy. // Colourage;Aug99, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p78
Reports on the increase in the University of Michigan's consumer sentiment index in January 1999 showing that consumers remain the key to the U.S. economy.