Chicago purchasing index fell to 47.1%
- Chicago purchasing managers' index falls. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;11/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30512, p2
Cites the Purchasing Management Association of Chicago's report on the decline of the city's business barometer in October to 48.1%. Implications of the reading on the economy; Employment index; Supplier deliveries.
- A finger on the economy’s pulse. // Crain's Chicago Business;1/7/2013, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p0023
The article discusses forecast of Chicago Business Barometer that is signaling a weak recovery in 2013. The barometer is reportedly known as the Chicago Purchasing Managers Index previously which was created in 1977 by Jack Bishop. In 2012, it is stated that index of local economic trends like...
- Chicago PMI Slips to 52.4 In March from 56.8 in Feb. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;4/1/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33886, p2
The article discusses the release of data compiled by the National Association of Purchasing Management Chicago in Illinois which shows the decline of the Chicago Purchasing Managers' Business Barometer from 5.6 in February to 52.4 in March 2013.
- Midwest business gauge rises. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/1/2015, pA02
The article reports that the Purchasing Manager Index of the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) Chicago has increased by 3.2 points in June 2015 but remains in negative position at 49.4.
- Chicago PMI Drops to 48.7 in Nov. from 56.2 in Oct. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;12/1/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34418, p1
The Chicago Purchasing Managers' Business Barometer declined to 48.7 in November from 56.2 in October, the National Association of Purchasing Management-Chicago said Monday.
- Chicago PMI Slips to 59.6 in January from 60.8 in December. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;2/3/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34053, p1
The article focuses on the reports of the Chicago, Illinois-based National Association of Purchasing Management's report, which found that the Chicago Purchasing Managers' Business Barometer has been dipped to 59.6 in January 2014 from 60.8 in December 2013.
- Chicago PMI Climbs to 59.8 in February from 59.6 in January. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;3/3/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34068, p1
The article focuses on a report by the National Association of Purchasing Management in Chicago, Illinois regarding Chicago's Purchasing Managers' Business Barometer which revealed an increase of 59.8 in February 2014 from 59.6 in January 2014. Topics discussed include role of purchasing...
- Economy, cooking now, will cool next year. Fritz, Michael // Crain's Chicago Business;10/31/94, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p3
Reports that Chicago, Ill. and the rest of the Midwest are enjoying one of their best business expansions in years. Expansion in the service sector, from facility management firms to dry cleaners and day care providers; Start of slowdown in the home construction and financial services firms;...
- Outlook for area's economy improving. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/2/95, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p4
Reports on the economic outlook of Chicago, Illinois.