California announces $500 million GO sale
- Calif. readies GO sale; mulls veterans bonds. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;01/15/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30559, p2
Discloses forthcoming sale of general obligation bonds by the California state Treasurer's office. Plans of the Department of Veterans Affairs to contract a loan; Speculative value of the loan.
- VA eliminates the variables using software to train its employees. J.A. // AHA News;1/27/97, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p4
Reports that the United States Department of Veterans Affairs use a training tool called `Primary Care Management Module' allowing employees to learn at their own pace. Goal to increase employee productivity.
- VA moves ahead in alcoholism treatment and research. // Aging;1990, Issue 361, p51
Examines how the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) hospitals are treating alcohol-dependent veterans. What the programs consist of; Eligibility for treatment; Current projects underway.
- New formulary to boost VA's use of generics. Beavers, Norma // Drug Topics;8/4/97 Supplement, Vol. 141 Issue 15, p32S
Reports that the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced its decision in August 1997, to launch a national drug formulary in the United States, in an attempt to standardize the list of prescription medications. Hhow the formulary will be managed; Efforts of VA, to promote generic drugs...
- Medical groups want VA medical director to remain a physician. // American Family Physician;11/15/1993, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p1218
Reports that American medical groups protested against the proposed legislation of the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) to repeal the requirement that the chief medical director of the VA be a doctor of medicine.
- VA weighs shift to primary care. Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;11/20/95, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p14
Reports on the United States Department of Veterans Affairs's (VA) examination on whether to shift the focus of its residency positions toward the primary care and away from specialties. Number of residency positions funded by VA; Comments from Kenneth Kizer, VA undersecretary for health, on the...
- VA moving to national drug formulary. Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;8/12/96, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p22
Reports on the plans of the Department of Veterans Affairs' healthcare system to move to a national drug formulary by mid-1997. Hopes of the VA to sign national purchasing contracts for the 150 drugs frequently prescribed by its physicians; Contracts awarded by VA under the formulary for peptic...
- VA weighs performance-based doc pay. Gardner, Johnathan // Modern Healthcare;10/28/96, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p28
Reports that the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is considering adjusting its physician compensation formula to one that rewards performance. Reason for opposition from physicians; Details on the proposed change; Reasons for changes; Comments from VA official, Thomas Garthwaite.
- CONTINUUM OF CARE. Montague, Jim // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;01/05/97, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the US Department of Veterans Affairs' (VA) expansion of its outpatient services. Impact of VA's expansion on private hospitals and clinics; Operation of VA's satellite centers.