Bar group acts on pay-to-play
- Beefing up lawyer ethics, competence is main goal. Milstone, Erik // ABA Journal;Feb96, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p32
Reports that the New York State Bar Association was requesting changes to methods utilized for the training of lawyers and how they practice, after numerous complaints from clients. Goals of the New York State Bar Association; Comments from Bar president Barbara Paul Robinson.
- Lawyers head online for jobs. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/18/98, Vol. 45 Issue 38, p6C
Reports on the New York State Bar Association's introduction of an additional member benefit through LawMatch, an online database of attorney resumes. Jobseekers' increased use of the Internet to market their skills; Service offered by LawMatch.
- New York State bar group calls for study on pay to play. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;04/07/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30367, p1
Reports on the New York State Bar Association's call to adopt a resolution condemning pay to play practices. Association to the Bar of New York City's proposed rules on pay to play; Call for the formation of a task force to investigate relevant issues; Arguments against pay to play.
- N.Y. Bar group's pay-to-play report wins mostly praise. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/10/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30537, p1
Reports that municipal market participants have applauded a New York State Bar Association task force report calling for measures to prevent lawyers from engaging in play-to-play practices. Clarification of the existing disciplinary rules for lawyers; Proposal to require lawyers to disclose...
- Bar sprint. // Crain's New York Business;7/10/95, Vol. 11 Issue 28, p6
Reports on the efforts of the New York State Bar Association to decrease its backlog of grievances against lawyers. Total number of disbarred, resigned, and suspended lawyers.
- State Bar Association moved to discipline 264 members in '95. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/16/96, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p19
Reports on the number of lawyers disciplined by the courts in New York State for 1995 based on the report by the New York State Bar Association Committee on Professional Discipline.
- New York State Bar sets 2002 legislative agenda. Mancini, Rosamaria // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/25/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p13A
Highlights the 2002 legislative agenda from the New York State Bar Association. Focus on the conventional lawyer-supported issues; Discussion on the benefits of having cameras in th courtroom; Presentation of the 125th annual meeting of the association.
- State Bar seeking nominations for 'Outstanding Young Lawyer' award. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/28/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p28
The article reports that the Young Lawyers Section of the New York State Bar Association is seeking nominations for the annual Outstanding Young Lawyer Award.
- New York State Bar Association seeks nominations for public service award. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;04/09/2001-04/16/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p31
Announces that the New York State Bar Association is accepting nominations for the 2001 Root/Stimson Award. Purpose of the award; Lawyers eligible for nomination; History of the Root/Stimson Award.