Retail therapy prize
- Hurricane Isabel. McNulty, Anne // What's Up? Annapolis;Sep2011, p34
The article focuses on the damage brought by the hurricane Isabel on the Chesapeake Bay on September 18, 2003 and the experience of couple Pete and Karen Patterson on the event. It states that hurricane Isabel left damage buildings, property, homes, and docks and the damage costs are estimated...
- People. // Publishers Weekly;4/21/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 16, p12
The article announces appointments in the book industry, including Karen Patterson as vice president of trade and institutional sales at Sterling, Patty Goldstein as sales representative at Phaidon Press and Karen Fink as senior publicist at Random House.
- Aging Tank Containing Nuclear Waste at Savannah River Site Cracks. // Nuclear Waste News;1/16/2014, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p2
The article reports that officials at Savannah River Site, a nuclear waste repository, have discovered a crack in a nuclear waste tank located in South Carolina which has caused tank cleanup dispute between officials and the U.S. federal government. Topics discussed include views of chairwoman...
- Toy Tester Contest Winners! // Scholastic SuperScience;Apr99, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p2
Reports on the winners of "Super Science" magazine's 1999 Toy Tester Contest.
- Contests. // World Almanac for Kids;1996, p178
Provides information about magazine contests and contests that are run through schools. Contests sponsored by `The American History Magazine for Young People' and a science magazine entitled `Odyssey, Science That is Out of This World'; The National Spelling Bee; Contests in photography,...
- Winners. // Architectural Record;Jun1993, Vol. 181 Issue 6, p23
Announces the winners of several architectural competitions. Lucy Pedler of Prellwitz/Chilinski Architects, Cambridge, Massachusetts in an electric-vehicle infrastructure competition; Awarding of 1993 fellowships in architecture to Margaret Holben Ellis, Gary Hilderbrand, Sanda Iliescu, Bettina...
- Competitions. // Architectural Record;Jun1993, Vol. 181 Issue 6, p23
Announces the deadlines of some architectural competitions in 1993. Precast/Prestressed Concrete entry deadline on June 18; Registration deadline for the Hermosa Beach Pier competition on June 24; Entry deadline for Buenos Aires International Biennial of Architecture awards on June 30; Deadline...
- Competitions. // Architectural Record;Jul1993, Vol. 181 Issue 7, p27
Lists architecture-related competitions. Abstract for proposed papers for the sustainable strategies; Shinkenchiku Residential Design competition; Deadline; Contact information.
- Untitled. // Automotive Marketing;Jan1993, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p29
Reveals that G. Berger Jr. of Lion's Auto Parts in Victoria, Texas is the winner of the Product Aftermarket Research Trade Study (PARTS) contest. Information of the Counter Tips Contest of the `Automotive Marketing' periodical.