Girls just want inflatables
- "I Just Gotta Have My Own Space!": The Bedroom as a Leisure Site for Adolescent Girls. James, Kandy // Journal of Leisure Research;2001 1st Quarter, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p71
This paper explores the importance of the bedroom as a leisure site for adolescent girls. It builds on an earlier study in which girls rated their bedrooms as the recreational space where they felt least self conscious and most chose to be (James, 1998). The intensely positive way in which most...
- Undercover survey revealed. // Cabinet Maker;03/23/2001, Issue 5230, p29
Cites some results from a survey of British women on their bedroom habits, choices of bedroom decor and bedroom fantasies.
- American Signature launches Miss America girl's bedroom collection. // Kids Today;Nov/Dec2010, p10
The article reports on the launch of Miss America-themed youth bedroom collection for girls by American Signature Furniture.
- CoOl RoOm. Greene, Lauren A. // Cosmo Girl;Apr2005, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p64
Offers tips on decorating a girl's bedroom to make it more appropriate for hanging out. Use of bolster pillows and square wall pads to turn a bed into a sofa; Way to arrange a chair and table where everyone can hang out; Steps in making a storage ottoman and plaid lanterns.
- Transformers. CASEY, SUSAN // O, The Oprah Magazine;Sep2012, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p28
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the addition of lavender paint to bedroom walls for a transformation, the adoption of new attitude and the positive alteration brought by visionaries and dreamers.
- The trouble with girls... // Curriculum Review;Feb95, Vol. 34 Issue 6, Shop talk p4
Presents fifth- and sixth-grade boys' comments on girls.
- Girls. Tarshis, Laura // Scholastic Choices;Mar94, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p20
Profiles American female teenagers and the double standards they have to put up with. Lingering societal pressure to do only `women's' work; Sexual harassment from boys and other perverts; Opportunities for trailblazing advancement for women; Societal pressure on girls to look pretty and overly...
- Sticky SITUATION. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;11/12/2004, Vol. 73 Issue 8, p7
Presents a situation that requires a test of a teenage girl's attitude.
- Hostilities in the hallways. Sabir, Nadirah Z. // Black Enterprise;Oct95, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p28
Reports that a gender-biased educational system is eroding the confidence and self-esteem of young girls in the United States. Impact of sexual harassment; Loss of self-esteem experienced by girls.