- Old-growth chipboard. // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Jul-Sep96, Issue 61, p21
Reports that the Victoria State Government has invited overseas companies to invest in the removal of up to 800,000 cubic meters of `residual roundwood' from East Gippsland's forests for the manufacture of particle board and similar products.
- Particleboard & composite materials focus of 28th international symposium. // Wood & Wood Products;Jan94, Vol. 99 Issue 1, p94
Focuses on the 28th International Particleboard/Composite Materials Symposium on April 12-14, 1994 at Pullman, Washington. Sponsor of the symposium; Presentation topics; Speakers.
- NPA releases technical bulletin. // Wood & Wood Products;Jan94, Vol. 99 Issue 1, p99
Reports on the National Particleboard Association's publishing of a technical bulletin addressing the effect of water in solid wood and wood-based panels. Contact information.
- PB symposium to feature international cast of speakers. // Wood & Wood Products;Jan97, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p104
Presents information on the 31st Annual Washington State University International Particleboard Composite Materials Symposium to be held in Pullman, Washington, from April 8 to April 10, 1997.
- Tracking trends through numbers crunching. // Wood & Wood Products;Sep97 Supplement, Vol. 102 Issue 10, p14
Presents information on the United States (U.S.) particleboard and medium density fiberboard shipments in 1996, and the impact of these shipments in the marketplace. Comparison of shipments within the years 1995 to 1996; Information on particleboard shipments; Impact of particleboard on...
- Dimensional stability in particleboard & MDF. Suchsland, Otto // Wood & Wood Products;Apr94, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p72
Presents a reprint of the National Particleboard Association's technical bulletin about balance construction to reduce moisture-related problems with engineered wood products. Balance of moisture in wood and air; Water's effect on dimensions; Control dimensional changes with cross laminations;...
- Panel makers upgrade plants to meet demands. // Wood & Wood Products;Jan96, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p66
Presents developments in the fiberboard and particle board industries. Growth of Norbord Industries' plants in Deposit, New York; Work on two industrial particleboard plants started by Weyerheuser; Medium density fiberboard plant started by Dominance Industries Inc.
- Sophisticated technology processes produce high-quality particleboard & MDF. // Wood & Wood Products;Feb93, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p66
Presents innovations in processing particleboard and medium density fiberboards. Refining process of wood preparation; Formulation of improved resin recipes; Use of press technology; Panel sanding. INSET: Why join the institute?..
- McCredie resigns from NPA post. // Wood & Wood Products;Sep93, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the resignation of Bill McCredie as executive vice president of the National Particleboard Association (NPA). Selection of Richard Margosian to succeed McCredie; Accomplishments of NPA during McCredie's tenure.