INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: TELECOMMUNICATIONS
- CABLE OPERATORS SCRAMBLE TO AVOID ADELPHIA STIGMA. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;06/17/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 24, p14
Deals with the impact of Adelphia Communications Corporation's financial wrongdoing on the telecommunication industry in the U.S.. Resignation of Leonord Tow, chairman of Citizens Communications from the Adelphia board; Comments from Michael Willner, president of Insight Communications and...
- Chapter 11 a Relief to Some Locals. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;7/1/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p1
Analyzes the benefits of Chapter 11 bankruptcy filed by telecommunication firm Adelphia Communications Corp. in Coudersport, Pennsylvania. Effect of bankruptcy announcement on Coudersport community; Consequences of bankruptcy on assets of Adelphia employees; Cause of financial struggle in the firm.
- Adelphia Costs Rise in March. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/5/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p42
Reports on an increase in the revenues of Adelphia Communications Corp. in March 2003. Reasons behind the decrease in cashflow; Chapter 11 bankruptcy sought by the companyin June 2002.
- BATTERED INTO BANKRUPTCY. Farrell, Mike; Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;7/1/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p1
Reports the Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing of Adelphia Communications Corp. in Coudersport, Pennsylvania. Financial background; Strategic planning of board of directors for the firm; Cause of financial struggle in Adelphia.
- Adelphia Aside, Worst Seems Over for Telecom Lenders. Schmelkin, Alissa // American Banker;6/25/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 121, p1
Reports on the recovery of U.S. telecommunication companies from default problems in June 2002. Adelphia Communications Corp.'s preparation of its bankruptcy filing and negotiation of debtor-in-possession financing; Sector's biggest lenders; Bond defaults of the telecommunication and cable...
- Devon Towers Hit Auction Block. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 37, p14
Reports that the telecommunication towers of Devon Mobile Communications LP will be auctioned on November 6, 2002 to raise money and support the bankruptcy process of the company. Amount of bid offered by Mountain Union Telecom for the towers; Effect of a scandal at Adelphia Communications on...
- Adelphia goes on the auction block. Cortes, Rossie // Caribbean Business;9/30/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 41, p60
Reports on the exclusion of the Puerto Rico-based operation to the sale of the cable system clusters owned by Adelphia Communications Corp. Bankruptcy claim of the telecommunication company; Corporate strategy to increase the number of acquisition bids; Optimism in the sales process based on the...
- Chap. 11 looms for Adelphia. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;6/17/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p2
Reports the bankruptcy filing of Adelphia Communications. Negotiations with J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., Citigroup and Bank of America; Impact of filing on investors; Bankruptcy protection filed by Adelphia's subsidiaries, Adelphia Century Communications.
- Adelphia shareholders seek to block hirings. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;1/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p55
Reports on the appointment of a committee by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court to represent shareholder interests in the Adelphia Communications Corp. Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. Criticism on proposed hiring of two veteran cable executives by the company; Lawsuit by the committee, to compel...