INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: MEDIA/ENTERTAINMENT
- Lions Gate Fords new TV stream. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;11/20/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 56, p1
Provides updates on the television production of Lions Gate Entertainment in Los Angeles, California as of November 2000. Partnership with Ford Motor Co. to finance the production of 'No Boundaries'; Plot of the series 'Making a Killing' produced for Pax TV; Information on the motion pictures...
- TV Production Chart. // Daily Variety;11/13/2008, Vol. 301 Issue 29, p8
A chart is presented that lists several production companies including 44 Blue Productions, ABC Studios, and ABC Television Network.
- TVNZ eases up on locals. Drinnan, John // Variety;11/8/2004, Vol. 396 Issue 12, pA7
Reports on the issues surrounding the requirement issued by the government for TV New Zealand (TVNZ) to ensure the growth of the local independent production business. Percentage of local production commissions provided by the network; Complaint of other local producers against TVNZ; Suggestion...
- TV AND CABLE PRODUCTION CHART. // Daily Variety;9/15/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 52, p13
Provides information about the individuals involved in the production of various television and cable television programs in the U.S.
- Editorial. Lorimer, Rowland // Canadian Journal of Communication;Winter1999, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue on topics including public broadcasting, cultural industries in the context of free trade, and Australian and Canadian film and television production.
- DEALS. // Variety;12/10/2015, Vol. 330 Issue 9, p3
The article discusses entertainment industry deals, including Vince Gerardis' production of the television (TV) series "The 4th Kingdom," creator Pete Norwalk's deal with the TV production firm ABC Studios, and the animation studio DreamWorks Animation's hiring of Katie O'Connell Marsh to lead...
- Lions Gate plants feet more firmly in TV world. Pursell, Chris // Electronic Media;11/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p2
Reports on United States-based Lions Gate Television's plan to expand its television production operations in the year 2001. Company's partnership with Mercury Entertainment to produce the program 'Trackers.'
- B'cast veteran to Lionsgate's board. Vlessing, Etan // Hollywood Reporter;8/19/2009, Vol. 411 Issue 7, p4
The article reports that Canadian broadcast executive Phyllis Yaffe has been named by Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. to its board of directors. Yaffe replaces Laurie May, co-president of Canadian movie distributor Maple Pictures Corp. According to a company spokesman, Yaffe will bring the...
- TV the toast of Lionsgate. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;11/10/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of Lions Gate Entertainment Corp., a U.S. entertainment company, for the second quarter of 2009. The company has gained strong earnings in terms of television productions and has effectively reduced its operating costs in theatrical marketing....