INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: INDUSTRIALS
- GE to Acquire Citi Transport Unit for $4.4B. Sundaramoorthy, Geeta; Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;11/23/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 225, p1
Reports that Citigroup Inc.'s leasing unit, CitiCapital, plans to sell its transportation finance business. Reasons why the company plans to sell the unit, including its limited cross-selling capability; Details of the unit's sale to GE Commercial Finance; Analysis of the sale; Comments by...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: INDUSTRIALS. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/25/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 16, p50
The article presents information on investment banking in various industries as of April 2005. GE Commercial Finance said it will buy Bombardier Capitol's inventory finance unit for $1.4 billion in cash as well as take over $1 billion in debt. The Bombardier division provides floor-plan...
- WHISPERS. // Asset Securitization Report;11/29/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 46, p1
Reports developments on asset-backed financing as of November 2004. Views of New York Attorney General Elliott Spitzer on the performance of various financial insurance companies; Retirement of Andrew Lipton, vice president and senior credit officer of Moody's Investors Service Inc.; Acquisition...
- Scenes from a Buyout: Inside Citi's Schroders Deal. GOLD, JACQUELINE S. // American Banker;3/2/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 42, p4
Focuses on Citigroup Inc.'s planned buyout of Schroders PLC's investment bank. Citigroup's goal of expanding its European investment banking business; Value of the bid; Speculations about the fate of Schroders employees.
- CIT Acquires $446M in Factoring Assets. Burrows, Dan // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/16/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 57, p16
Reports on the acquisition of the domestic factoring assets of GE Commercial Services (CS) by CIT CS in New York. Refusal of the firms to divulge terms of the deal.
- GE Commercial Finance Agrees to Acquire Most of Transamerica's Commercial Finance Business. // Insurance Advocate;8/11/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 30, p40
Reports on the acquisition of the commercial finance business of Transamerica by GE Commercial Finance in the U.S. Terms of the agreement; Business operations of the acquired unit; Number of employees of the unit.
- GE's ray of light shines through for ABB. // Power Economics;Oct2002, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the acquisition of the assets of ABB by GE Commercial Finance in Switzerland. Resignation of the chief executive officer JÃ¶rgen Centerman; Sale of the metering business of ABB to Ruhrgas; Goal of the company to reduce the company debt.
- Citi Refocuses to Find Its Cross-Border Sweet Spot. // American Banker;5/26/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 82, p2
The article discusses the goals of Citigroup Inc. president John Havens for the financial-services company. Havens says Citigroup needs to generate more business in equity underwriting and advisory services for mergers and acquisitions. Among the problems he says contributed to Citigroup's poor...
- Citi's $10.8 Billion Japanese Play. MacFadyen, Ken // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/12/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the takeover bid for Japanese investment bank Nikko Cordial Corp. by Citigroup Inc. The latter is launching a tender offer to acquire a majority position and establish its presence in Japan. The analysts looking at Citigroup's stocks approve the move, however, some...