A Courtship in the New Wireless World
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/8/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 34, p14
Presents charts and graphs of private equity financing, as of September 2, 2003. Distribution by region; Venture capital funds; Buyout/mezzanine funds; Top investment banks advising leveraged buyouts in the United States and worldwide.
- Dealmakers of the year. // Finweek;5/31/2007, p66
The article reports on the growth of corporate deals in South Africa. It states that the entrance of foreign private equity players in the country such as Edcon is another feature of the investment banking market. Edcon, as cited, has courted 20 world's largest global private equity firms, of...
- Huston pushes organizations to up support of fledgling entrepreneurs. Pettypiece, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/21/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p22
The article reports that John Huston, founding partner of the Ohio Tech Angels Fund LLC, a newly formed fund created by a network of individual investors around the state, pushes organizations to up support of fledgling entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs often complain about a lack of venture capital...
- The capacity problem. Jacobius, Arleen; Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;4/4/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p15
This article reports that institutional investors' craving for alternative investments has created a huge capacity crunch that's not expected to ease any time soon. Private equity and venture capital managers are expected to attract at least $230 billion in 2005, according to data from Private...
- Private equity capital update. Carter, Michael // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/27/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 39, p24
Analyzes trends in private equity financing in the U.S. for 2004. Reasons for raising private equity capital; Valuation expectations; Target companies of venture capital firms.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/3/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 37, p20
Examines private equity fundraising in the United States as of September 26, 2005. Investment focus; Venture capital funds; Buyouts.
- Nothing ventured. Freeman, Peter // Money (Australia Edition);Mar2006, Issue 77, p95
The article deals with the state of development funds in Australia in March 2006. Share investors prepared to take extra risk in the hope of boosting long-term returns often allocate part of their portfolio to smaller, emerging companies. Among the many alternatives are so-called venture capital...
- PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/20/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 24, p18
Presents charts and graphs depicting the private equity fundraising in the U.S. as of June 13, 2005. Average per fund fundraising by state; Amount of venture capital funds disbursed for the first quarter; Top advisers on U.S. target leveraged buyouts.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/14/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 43, p18
The article presents charts and tables depicting private equity investments in the United States as of November 2005. Third quarter all private equity fundraising is indicated. Regions and states were ranked based on fund transactions, amount of funds and average changes per fund. Venture...