Capital Markets - Top 10 Legal Counsel
- Orrick saves costs with support staff move. Smith, Claire // Lawyer;9/24/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p2
Explains that law firm Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe has saved cost by moving its support staff to an office set up in West Virginia. Information on the global operations of the law firm; Estimate on the savings of the firm every year.
- Orrick's Italian launch kicks off with major E&Y corporate raid. Cahill, Julia // Lawyer;4/7/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the preparations of law firm Orrick Herrington and Sutcliffe to launch its legal practice in Italy. Legal services to be offered by the firm; Negotiation for the hiring of Alessandro De Nicola, Luigi Colombo and Guido Bardelli; Comments of Orrick chairman Ralph Baxter regarding its...
- Orrick increases assistant bonus targets to compensate for slump. Jordan, Dearbail // Lawyer;11/11/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p11
Reports on U.S.-based law firm Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe's alteration of its associate bonus system as the economic downturn continues to blight lawyers' workloads. Increase in the level of hours needed to qualify for a bonus.
- Orrick Climbs to 3-Year High. RENICK, OLIVER // Bond Buyer;7/15/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33944, p1
The article offers information on the upgrading of the ranking of an international law firm Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP in the bond law firms list in first half of 2013.
- Lyon's Lion Share Goes to Orrick's New Irvine Office. Cziborr, Chris // Orange County Business Journal;9/2/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p3
Reports the opening of the law firm Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP in Orange County, California. Closure of Lyon & Lyon LLP; Recruitment of partners and associates; Improvement of the life science practice.
- Simpson Thacher, Orrick quit Singapore offices . . . Vere-Jones, Emma // Lawyer;1/20/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p5
Reports that U.S. law firms Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe and Simpson Thacher & Bartlett are closing their offices in Singapore. Redundancy of two fee-earners and eight support staff and the termination of the joint venture, Orrick Rodyk. Closure of Simpson Thacher due to the decision of the...
- Watson Farley Paris departures of profits. Vere-Jones, Emma; Begum, Husnara // Lawyer;5/26/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p5
Reveals that the departure of Watson Farley & Williams' Paris, France office to Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe has resulted in the firm posting a slight increase in profits for the 2002 financial year. Rise in profits per equity partner.
- Watson Farley & Williams set to release Paris office to Orrick. Pawsey, Vanessa // Lawyer;9/23/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p3
Reports that law firm Watson Farley & Williams of London, England, is expected to be free to join U.S. firm Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe by November 2002. Plan of the Paris office of Watson Farley to take its client base; Continuation of Orrick's European expansion.
- Orrick continues dismal retention run. Waller-Davies, Becky // Lawyer 2B;1/31/2014, p1
The article focuses on the decision made by law firm Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP of not retaining its only qualifying trainee in spring 2014. In autumn 2013 the U.S.-based decided against retaining any of its five qualifiers. Orrick's training principal Simon Cockshutt says that its low...