The CFO OutTakes
- Hancock Promotes Litzow To Oversee Inst'l Business. // Money Management Executive;12/6/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 48, p4
This article reports that John Hancock Funds Inc. has stayed in-house in its effort to expand its institutional business, promoting senior vice president John Litzow to also serve as head of its institutional business.
- Transitioning. Beggs, Bruce // American Drycleaner (American Trade Magazines LLC (ATM));07/01/2011, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses some personnel changes in the journal's staff.
- RESTRUCTURING PUTS NEW FACES IN KEY POSITIONS. Jacobius, Arleen // Pensions & Investments;4/18/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p35
The article reports that asset management firm General Motors Asset Management Corp. is restructuring senior management of the company. On April 1, 2005, R. Charles Tschampion, one architect of its investment strategy, and Susan Ezrati, chief client officer, retired from the company. This...
- Supply of bad news weighs on OfficeMax. Tita, Bob // Crain's Chicago Business;1/17/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p4
This article reports that shares of OfficeMax Inc. fell 2.9% last week to $29 as the office supply company's woes multiplied. The Ohio attorney general's office late last week sued OfficeMax, charging that the company failed to honor rebates and refused to issue" rain checks" when sale items...
- MARKET WATCH. // DSN Retailing Today;11/22/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 22, p30
The article presents news related to retail marketing. Kroger Co. is launching its marketplace concept in the Midwest with a unit in the Columbus, Ohio, metropolitan area, not far from its Cincinnati headquarters. OfficeMax Inc. announced that Brian Anderson has joined the company as executive...
- Hypertherm Announces Succession Plans. // Welding Journal;Oct2014, Vol. 93 Issue 10, p12
The article reports on the announcement made by plasma, laser, and waterjet cutting systems supplier Hypertherm in Hanover, New Hampshire regarding the staff changes will take effect on January 1, 2015.
- Hidden In Plain Sight: Assessing the Challenges of a Leadership Change. Signorovitch, Dennis J. // Public Relations Quarterly;Fall2004, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p4
This article discusses how to successfully deal with a change in leadership in a company. In some cases the leadership change is accompanied by other changes: reorganization, acquisitions or mergers. And it would be hard to argue that those circumstances do not create a variety of new...
- Succession Crisis. Jayne, Vicki // New Zealand Management;Jun2003, Vol. 50 Issue 5, Special section p20
Focuses on succession management (SM) planning in the New Zealand business environment. Results of a SM survey carried out in 2002; Reasons for greater board involvement in SM planning; Accountabilities of chief executive officers in SM planning.
- DEVELOPING A SUCCESSION PLAN. // Risk Management (00355593);Dec2012, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p12
The article offers helpful tips in developing an effective succession plan in the organization such as the implementation of position analysis.