Revenge of the Junior Bankers
- Goldman Moves to Catch Fund of Hedge Funds Wave. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;5/2/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 84, p9
Reports that Goldman Sachs Group Inc. has announced its first fund of hedge funds. Estimates of the minimum investment for the hedge fund; Strength of the anticipated earnings of the company's new hedge fund business according to executives.
- Hedge Funds Lead Buyers of Prepayment Derivatives. // Mortgage Servicing News;Sep2003, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the marketability of the hedge funds hedge funds offered by Goldman Sachs in New York. Sales of hedge funds; Satisfaction of the company to the number of hedge fund clients.
- Board Refuses to Probe Pay at Goldman. // American Banker;3/2/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 32, p2
The author reports that Goldman Sachs Group Inc. has reported its Board has rejected shareholder demands that it investigate excessive executive compensation.
- Goldman calls hedge funds, pumping Amazon. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/11/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 48, p11
Reports on the recommendations by Goldman Sachs & Co. to increase hedge fund investments for Amazon.Com Inc. Factors leading Goldman analysts to make the recommended move; Viability of Amazon's prospects of recovering from its debts.
- Pension plans remain wary of hedge funds. Garrity, Brian // Investment Dealers' Digest;08/03/98, Vol. 64 Issue 31, p9
Focuses on a report issued by Goldman, Sachs and Company which argues that pension services groups are too cautious in their approach to hedge funds. Risk control associated with the hedge fund market; Benefits of using the same investment analysis on hedge fund returns; View of hedge fund...
- Goldman research director resigns. Padgett, Tania // American Banker;2/2/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 21, p26
Reports on the resignation of Robert B. Albertson as director of American bank research at Goldman, Sachs & Co. in order to start his own hedge fund. Plan for the hedge fund Pilot Financial to invest in international and American bank stocks; Other banking analysis services to be offered.
- Goldman Cut Top Execs' Compensation. // American Banker;2/23/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 37, p20
Reveals that Goldman Sachs Group Inc. cut the compensation of its top executives in 2000. The pay cut that Chief Executive Henry Paulson received; Other senior executives who saw pay cuts; What the reduction in the firm's bonus payments reflects.
- CDS, LCDS Markets Grab The Limelight. R. K. // Bank Loan Report;1/21/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p1
The article discusses credit default swaps (CDS) and loan credit default swaps (LCDS) in the U.S. The bilateral contracts are considered popular since they allow investors to shorten a credit by purchasing protection against default, hedge cash positions and make use of capital structure...
- Hull to shut down three hedge funds for Goldman parent. Wipperfurth, Heike // Investment Dealers' Digest;09/20/99, Vol. 65 Issue 37, p6
Focuses on the Hull Trading Co.'s move to effect changes in its structure in preparation for its purchase by Goldman Sachs Group LP. Background on the Hull Group; Efforts to integrate Hull's operations into Goldman's business structure; Expected date of the finalization of the acquisition;...