Interest Spikes In FX Hiring
- Obituary for foreign exchange proves premature amid volatility. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;8/7/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 151, p1
Notes an increase in revenues generated by banks' foreign exchange businesses during the second quarter of 1997. Comparison with the same period in 1996; Impact of consolidations and expanding global asset management on foreign exchange businesses; Growing demand for foreign exchange hedging...
- Big banks' new forex market: Regionals. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;9/27/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 186, p5
Reports on American banks' marketing of foreign exchange to regional banks across the country. Traditional foreign exchange trading process; Impact of regional trading on specialized foreign exchange dealers; Strategies of banks to boost regional trading business.
- Stock Market. // Oman Country Review;2013, p98
The article offers information on the stock market of Oman, in which Muscat Securities Market (MSM) was started in 1989.
- Banks and IT Specialists Race to Improve Settlement Efficiency in Foreign Exchange. Rombel, Adam // Global Finance;Feb2002, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p48
Reports on the creation of CLS Services by several foreign exchange banks in the United States to develop a continuous linked settlement system in the foreign exchange market. Concept of continuous linked settlement system; Problems that caused the delay of implementation of the system;...
- BIS sounds an alarm on foreign exchange. // American Banker;3/29/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 61, p18
Reports on Bank for International Settlements' warnings to banks in the United States on the foreign exchange market. Warnings on settlement risk; Comments from William J. McDonough of Federal Reserve Bank of New York; Findings of Bank for International report.
- Abu Dhabi plans common market. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/15/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 24, p31
The article focuses on the efforts of the Abu Dhabi Securities Market (ADSM) to implement its plans to create a single Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) equity market through the establishment of common trading agreements with other bourses in the region. ADSM and Dubai Financial Market forged an...
- East West Turns to New CD To Speed Up Deposit Growth. Kuehner-Hebert, Katie // American Banker;7/30/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 146, p3
Reports on the loan-to-deposit ratio at East West Bank of San Marino, California, as of July 2004. Statement that the bank caters to Chinese-Americans and ties its yields to the returns of a Chinese stock index; Importance of accelerating deposit growth; Unveiling of the Greater China...
- Derivatives and Global Capital Flows: Applications to Asia. Kregel, J.A. // Financier;2000, Vol. 7 Issue 1-4, p57
One explanation of the crisis in foreign exchange markets is that a large proportion of foreign borrowing by corporates and banks was unhedged because of prevailing expectations of stable exchange rates. When these expectations were disappointed, the scramble to repay these foreign currency...
- India: Sensex Under Pressure. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/5/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p11
The article reports that India's Sensex index has come under renewed selling pressure declining by 5.2 percent despite previously posting growth of 9.3 percent. Several concerns on the performance of the Sensex index are cited. A graph is presented that illustrates the performance of the Sensex...