COOL WALKING: SNOWSHOEING NEW YORK
- A Natural Fit. Katagi, Kellee // Ski;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p93
Deals with the benefits of snowshoeing. INSET: What to Buy.
- Use This Snow Plan. Bauman, Alisa // Runner's World;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p22
Features a study by the University of Vermont on maintaining running fitness in snowshoeing.
- Walking on Air. WALTER, CLAIRE // Skiing;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p30
Presents information on snowshoes. Characteristics of modern snowshoes; Basic shapes of an aluminum-frame snowshoes; Some brands available in the market.
- SNOWSHOE 101. Ryan, Leslie // Shape;Jan2005, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p90
Presents information on snowshoeing.
- Snow Runners. Scheller, William G. // National Geographic World;Feb99, Issue 282, p26
Focuses on the snowshoeing sport. Background information on the sport; Designs of snowshoes preferred by snowshoers; Advice in snowshoeing. INSET: The Race Is on.
- Snowshoeing 201. // Backpacker;Feb2005, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p39
Presents tips on snowshoeing.
- Try Snowshoeing FOR FREE! Hoehn, Lisa // Prevention;Jan2011, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p62
The article offers information on a free snowshoeing.
- A sport is born. Shea, Sarah Bowen // Shape;Feb99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p48
Reports on the creation of the sport, snowshoe running. Transformation of snowshoeing from a leisurely, sightseeing activity into a calorie-burning workout; Companies' introduction of small, aluminum models of snowshoes; Basic steps involved in the winter sport; Dressing for the sport. INSETS:...
- STEPPING OUT. Marshall, Jamie; Freund, Anthony Barzilay // Town & Country;Feb2004, Vol. 158 Issue 5285, p70
Provides information on how to get started with snowshoeing.