- A sterling struggle. Wapner, Kenneth // Backpacker;May93, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p13
Focuses on the Sterling Forest, located an hour's drive north of New York City. The forest hosts a segment of the Appalachian Trail and is strategically situated between New York and New Jersey state parks, creating an unbroken swath of green space. Struggle between the Park Service desire for...
- The forest. Davis-Ricci, Nancy; Knight, Frank // Conservationist;Sep93, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p2
Part II. Focuses on New York state forests, complex communities of plants and animals dominated by trees. History of New York's forests; The forest layers of canopy, understory, shrub layer and herb layer and their residents; The forest floor; Benefits and uses of forests.
- New york's sterling forest is a gem. Pyne, Lawrence // Field & Stream;Feb2001, Vol. 105 Issue 10, p60
Focuses on New York's Sterling Forest.
- TRAILS LESS TRAVELED. Powers, Sally // National Geographic Adventure;Aug2006, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p86
The article presents information on ten hidden parks in the United States. The first one is the Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park, California. California's Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park is a UNESCO World Heritage site and international biosphere reserve 320 miles north of San Francisco....
- Winter tree walk. Eschbach, Susan // Conservationist;Feb95, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p40
Focuses on the author's experiences training children to identify trees found in the forests of New York State. Use of one's senses to identify trees; Tree identification mnemonics; Native species of trees in New York.
- On The Waterfront. Rushmere, Martin // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Dec2009, p34
The article offers information on the San Pedro Waterfront project in Los Angeles. It states that the aim of the project is to turn a commercial and public facility into an orderly public and maritime attractions which includes parks, walkways, and restaurants, it also aims to build three...
- $14.7-mil overhaul under way at down-at-the-heels Lawson Y. Cleaver, Joanne // Crain's Chicago Business;11/20/95, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p11
Reports on the renovation of the Lawson House Young Men's Christian association in Chicago, Illinois. Cost; Reorganization scheme; Comments from executive director Bill MacAfee.
- YMCA finds creative ways to stay relevant. Wood, Daniel B. // Christian Science Monitor;1/24/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 41, p1
Discusses changes being made to YMCA (Young Men's Christian Association) facilities in the United States.
- YMCA taxed. // Christian Century;12/16/87, Vol. 104 Issue 37, p1137
Reports that the Oregon Department of Revenue has been put on the tax rolls on the grounds that it is not a charitable organization. Competition for private fitness clubs.