The New HUDSON RIVER SCHOOL
- Images of the American prairie. // American Artist;Oct1996, Vol. 60 Issue 651, p60
Focuses on `Plain Pictures: Images of the American Prairie' exhibition. Variations of the theme; Range of artists' responses to the American prairie over the years; Organization of the exhibit in chronological periods.
- California landscapes. Moss, E. Lynne // American Artist;Feb1997, Vol. 61 Issue 655, p8
Presents an exhibit `A Painter's Paradise: Artists and the California Landscape,' on view through February 16, 1997 at the Santa Barbara Museum of Art. How the exhibit traces the evolution of landscape painting from the late 18th century to the mid-20th century; Famous artists featured such as...
- Art: Folk painting of rural America. Finch, Christopher // Architectural Digest;Jun95, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p184
Focuses on the painters of the American rural landscape. Review of their work; Joseph Pickett; J.O.J. Frost; Charles Sheeler; More.
- American landscape pairs of the 1850s. Kelly, Franklin // Magazine Antiques;Nov94, Vol. 146 Issue 5, p650
Focuses on American paired landscape paintings of the 1850s. Creation of real and imaginary paired landscapes; Reflection of artists' ambitions and assumptions working during an especially vital period of American art; Creation of paired or pendant paintings by European artists; American painter...
- Striking a common chord. Litt, Steven // American Artist;Aug1995, Vol. 59 Issue 637, p18
Examines Charles Basham's depiction of northeast Ohio landscape in pastel painting. Description of style; Signs of man's presence in the landscape scenes; Portrait of farmers' hands in cultivation of nature; Background on private life.
- Creating painterly landscapes. Doherty, M. Stephen // American Artist;Oct1993, Vol. 57 Issue 615, p50
Profiles landscape painter Jeri Nichols Quinn. Personality and talent; Subject matter; Painting techniques; Career.
- Linda's Vista. // Southwest Art;Oct2013, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p73
An image of the painting "Linda's Vista," by the American artist Diana Madaras, is presented.
- Beaver Lake Cove. // Southwest Art;Oct2013, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p77
An image of the painting "Beaver Lake Cove," by the American artist Jason Sacran, is presented.
- Dry Creek. // Southwest Art;Oct2013, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p83
An image of the painting "Dry Creek," by the American artist Margaretta Caesar, is presented.