The New HUDSON RIVER SCHOOL
- HUDSON RIVER SCHOOL. // Reader's Companion to American History;1991, p525
The article offers information about the background of Hudson River School, a group of realist landscape painter in the U.S. The school was characterized by exacting observation of nature and interest in distinctively American scenery. Among the prominent member of the River school includes...
- THE HUDSON RIVER SCHOOL. FERBER, LINDA S. // Heritage: The Magazine of the New York State Historical Associat;2013, Vol. 28, p4
The article previews the landscape painting exhibition "The Hudson River School: Nature and the American Vision" at the Fenimore Art Museum in New York that showcases works that portray subjects primarily from New York State scenery. INSET: FESTIVAL of the American Romantics.
- Material Culture. DORFMAN, JOHN // Art & Antiques;Feb2015, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p24
An introduction to the February 2015 issue is presented, highlighting featured artists profiled in the issue including Kazuo Shiraga, Enrico Donati, and the Hudson River School artists.
- City adds mural. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/15/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p26
This article reports the 50-foot mural work in Poughkeepsie by local artist Nestor Madalengoitia depicting the history of the Hudson River School of Art. The Hudson River School is significant as it is the first school of art in America, founded by Thomas Cole in 1800s.
- a river runs through it. Dorfman, John // Art & Antiques;Feb2015, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p76
A review is presented for the at exhibition "Nature and the American Vision: The Hudson River School," featuring works of the Hudson River School of artists, including Albert Bierstadt, Thomas Cole, and Frederic Edwin Church, running at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art in Los Angeles,...
- The Hudson River School: Artistic Pioneers. Oliver, Phillip // Library Journal;8/1/2016, Vol. 141 Issue 13, p54
No abstract available.
- Albert Bierstadt: VISIONS OF THE WEST. DUNCAN, JAMES // American Artist;Oct2011, Vol. 75 Issue 823, p20
The article provides information on the life and artwork of American painter Albert Bierstadt. Particular focus is given to his landscape paintings of the American West and his involvement with the Hudson River School art movement. Various images of his paintings are provided including "The...
- Images of the American prairie. // American Artist;Oct1996, Vol. 60 Issue 651, p60
Focuses on `Plain Pictures: Images of the American Prairie' exhibition. Variations of the theme; Range of artists' responses to the American prairie over the years; Organization of the exhibit in chronological periods.
- California landscapes. Moss, E. Lynne // American Artist;Feb1997, Vol. 61 Issue 655, p8
Presents an exhibit `A Painter's Paradise: Artists and the California Landscape,' on view through February 16, 1997 at the Santa Barbara Museum of Art. How the exhibit traces the evolution of landscape painting from the late 18th century to the mid-20th century; Famous artists featured such as...