- The atmospheric carbon dioxide problem Tanaka, Masayuki; Kitano, Yasushi // Oceanus;Spring1987, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p78
No abstract available.
- Clear, Mostly Odorless and Produced by the Ton. Goldstein, Scott // njbiz;8/8/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p5
Focuses on a report by the New Jersey Public Interest Group which identified the largest producer of carbon dioxide in Northeast U.S. Rank of Lindgen Cogen Plant; Leading polluter in New Jersey; Effect of global warming on New Jersey.
- Footprint. Rupp, Becky // GreenPrints;Winter2008/2009, Issue 76, p20
The author ponders on the relevance of gardens to the reduction of carbon footprints and the prevention of global warming. She considered getting rid of her garden when she discovered how much carbon footprint her family makes despite having a garden. She recounts what she learned from British...
- MELTING INTO THE MIND. Gillespie, Ed // Green Futures;Jan/Feb2006, Issue 56, p24
The article focuses on how to deal with the climate change in Great Britain. Nature writer Bill McKibben said that what the warming world needs is art. In one of his painting, Damien Hirst has had a go at representing the carbon dioxide by-product of lifestyles. To illustrate carbon dioxide,...
- Carbon dioxide capture strategies from flue gas using microalgae: a review. Thomas, Daniya; Mechery, Jerry; Paulose, Sylas // Environmental Science & Pollution Research;Sep2016, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p16926
Global warming and pollution are the twin crises experienced globally. Biological offset of these crises are gaining importance because of its zero waste production and the ability of the organisms to thrive under extreme or polluted condition. In this context, this review highlights the recent...
- CO(sub2) Emissions Drop. // Pollution Engineering;Sep2002, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the decline in energy-related carbon dioxide emissions in the U.S. Effect of carbon dioxide emissions to global warming; Reasons for the decline in carbon dioxide emissions; Industrial and residential sectors emissions.
- CO2 PRIMER. Rendell, Julian // AutoWeek;9/24/2007, Vol. 57 Issue 39, p8
The article presents information on the growing threat of carbon dioxide emission to global warming. Legislators across Europe are putting effort to deliver the promises of the Kyoto treaty of 1997. The European Union is planning to set a limit of 130 grams per kilometer by 2012. In Great...
- The oceanic response to carbon emissions over the next century: investigation using three ocean carbon cycle models. Chuck, A.; Tyrrell, T.; Totterdell, I. J.; Holligan, P. M. // Tellus: Series B;Feb2005, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p70
A recent study of coupled atmospheric carbon dioxide and the biosphere (Cox et al., 2000,Nature,408, 184ï¿½187) found alarming sensitivity of next-century atmosphericpCO2 (and hence planetary temperature) to uncertainties in terrestrial processes. Here we investigate whether there is similar...
- Multistate registry to report emissions. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;2/12/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p18
The article reports on the established unified system in Illinois and some other states in the U.S. that requires companies to report emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases. According to the report, the established system is the crucial first step in attacking the threat brought...