- TREASURES IN NATURE'S FREEZER. Di Menna, Jodi // Canadian Geographic;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 124 Issue 5, p26
Provides information on prehistoric artifacts recovered from the Yukon ice field in British Columbia. Wooden shaft; Stone dart tip; Woven hat.
- Cathedral of the Gods. Miller, Warren // Ski;Dec2003, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p236
Presents an article describing the snow and the glacial ice fields in the Alps region.
- A synthetic ice core approach to estimate ion relocation in an ice field site experiencing periodical melt; a case study on Lomonosovfonna, Svalbard. Vega, C. P.; Pohjola, V. A.; Beaudon, E.; Claremar, B.; van Pelt, W. J. J.; Pettersson, R.; Isaksson, E.; Martma, T.; Schwikowski, M.; Bøggild, C. E. // Cryosphere Discussions;2015, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p5053
Physical and chemical properties of four different ice cores (LF-97, LF-08, LF-09 and LF-11) drilled at Lomonosovfonna, Svalbard, were compared to investigate the effects of meltwater percolation on the chemical and physical stratigraphy of these records. A synthetic ice core approach was...
- Ice cutting in the 21 st century. Douglass, Richard // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p36
Discusses ice cutting technology. System of ice cutting during the late 19th and early 20th century; Procedure of cutting ice; Principles essential in designing an ice house; Enjoyable aspect of harvesting ice.
- Historical fluctuations of the Gualas and Reicher Glaciers, North Patagonian Icefield, Chile. Harrison, S.; Winchester, V. // Holocene;Jul98, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p481
Dendrochronology was used to date historical fluctuations of the little-visited Gualas and Reicher Glaciers on the North Patagonian Icefield in southern Chile. Vegetation trimlines dating to ad 1876, 1909 and 1954 show that glacier downwasting and retreat mirrored the patterns found at the...
- An advance of Soler Glacier, North Patagonian Icefield, at c. AD 1222-1342. Glasser, Neil F.; Hambrey, Michael J.; Aniya, Masamu // Holocene;Jan2002, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p113
Soler Glacier is a temperate outlet glacier on the eastern side of the North Patagonian Icefield in Chile. The glacier is currently receding from its 'Little Ice Age' maximum position, attained sometime between AD 1600 and 1900. Across the snout and forefield of the glacier is an arcuate belt of...
- MAKING TRACKS ACROSS LILLOOET ICEFIELD. Joseph, Chris // Beautiful British Columbia;Winter2002, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on the adventure of the author and his friends on a trek across the Lillooet ice field in British Columbia. Activities of the group on the first day of the week-long adventure; Equipment carried by the group for the trek; Different camps used by the adventurers during their trek.
- STEWART POSES ON THE BIG SCREEN. // British Columbia Magazine;Winter2003, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p31
Presents several motion pictures filmed at the ice fields of Stewart in British Columbia. "The Thing;" "Iceman;" "Insomnia;" "Bear Island."
- READER SHOT OF THE MONTH. // Backpacker;Sep2008, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p13
A photograph of the Harding Icefield Trail in Alaska's Kenai Fjords National Park is presented.