- The Open Space Institute commends Pataki for land conservation legacy. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/8/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the commendation of George E. Pataki, former governor of New York, by the Open Space Institute (OSI) for his outstanding record of land conservation during his term of office. Pataki has been a strong advocate for land preservation and has reached a milestone of protecting...
- Gov. Pataki, state leader and leader among states, receives ELI Award. // Environmental Forum;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p50
The article announces the award of the 2006 ELI to New York Governor, George E. Pataki. Governor Pataki received the award at the annual Environmental Law Institute dinner held in Washington D. C. On November 8, 2006. He was honored for his record in land conservation and his role in a regional...
- Adirondack Park Lands Expand Further. // Parks & Recreation;Jul2004, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p21
Reports on the expansion of the Adirondack Park in New York in 2004. Details of the land conservation project; Statement issued by New York Governor George Pataki on the park expansion; Total area of the land; Estimated cost of the land.
- EFC: A Partner in a Healthy, Clean Environment. // New York State Conservationist;Aug2000, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p26
Notes the 30th anniversary of the New York State Environmental Facilities Corp. (EFC) and its effort to help communities throughout New York take steps to clean up and preserve their environment as of August 2000. Role played by the corporation in the state's commitment to environmental...
- Rules and Regulations: ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY. // Federal Register;10/25/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 207, p63877
The article presents several regulatory documents issued by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as of October 25, 2013. These documents include one on the approval and promulgation of Air Quality Implementation Plans in Virginia, another on the partial approval and disapproval of Utah's...
- Happy Earth Day! // Scholastic News -- Edition 1;Apr2000, Vol. 56 Issue 7, following p4
Suggests ways for the conservation of natural resources.
- Top 10 Things to Do to Stay Green at Camp Top Ten. Horner, Tom; Kane, Andy; Parry, Jim; Speers-Holmes, Jessica // Camping Magazine;Nov2007, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p1
The article lists ten ways of being environmentally aware at camp including forming a "green committee," starting an environmental program for campers, and switching to compact fluorescent light bulbs.
- Save our countryside. Willis, Monica Michael // Country Living;Mar1994, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p14
Features the efforts of The Nature Conservancy, a non-profit organization that oversees the world's system of private nature preserves, in seeking out the earth's natural wonders to conserve them for posterity. Inclusion of 40 sites as part of the organization's `Last Great Places Campaign';...
- IUCN helps Laos establish system of protected areas. // International Wildlife;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p28
Reports on the Laos government's development of protected areas designed to include representatives of all habitat types and most of its wildlife species with technical assistance from the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN). Actions recommended by IUCN to ensure long-term...