Portland, Ore., Selling $32.5 Million to Retire Interim Financing for Light Rail
- Missouri-Illinois Agency Nails Down Team for Light-Rail Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/3/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31379, p40
Reports the selection of underwriters by Bi-State Development Agency in the U.S. Market on the sale of revenue bonds of the agency by the underwriters; Financial advisers of the agency; Key factor in the selection of underwriters.
- Create fair highway-funding; not tolls as a double tax. // East Bernard Express (TX);7/2/2009, Vol. 66 Issue 27, p6
The article offers the author's view concerning her opposition in tolling existing interstate high-way infrastructures.
- Southwest Voters OK $8 Billion of Bonds, Including Cowboys Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth; Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p33
Reports on the results of bond elections in the Southwest on November 2, 2004. Bond financing of a stadium in Dallas, Texas; Bond issue for the expansion of the light rail system in Denver, Colorado; Sales tax and revenue anticipation financing plan for transportation in Arizona.
- IRS to probe Calif. trans. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;11/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30773, p1
Reports that the California Internal Revenue Service may begin random audits of state and local issuers of tax and revenue anticipation notes in California. Inflation of deficit spending in an effort to earn arbitrage profits; Investigation of appropriate uses of bond proceeds and excessive...
- UTAH TAKES BIGGEST SLICE OF $495-MILLION DISCRETIONARY PIE. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/23/1998, Vol. 241 Issue 20, p20
Focuses on the disbursement of Federal Highway Administration discretionary funds to the government in Utah. Details on the interstate maintenance funds for area roads development; Implication for 2002 Winter Olympics and Paralympics; Account on the state projects granted with discretionary funds.
- Washington watch. Srodes, James // FW;4/25/95, Vol. 164 Issue 10, p14
Focuses on the need for financing for the repair and maintenance of the Interstate Highway System. Condition of the highway system; Proposal for a single federal trust fund for transportation; Privatization strategy.
- DOT chief urges I-93 bonding. // New Hampshire Business Review;7/25/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p3B
Reports that New Hampshire could save millions and complete the proposed Interstate 93 widening four years earlier than planned if it borrows money to pay for the project.
- Green light for Metrolink 'little bang.'. Miles, Tony // Modern Railways;Aug2006, Vol. 63 Issue 695, p8
The article reports on the approval of the funding for the expansion of the Metrolink light rail system in Manchester, England. The Association of Greater Manchester Authorities and Greater Manchester Passenger Transport Authority have agreed on the funding package for the Metrolink light rail...
- The operator's perspective. Snow, Henry // PFI Report;Apr2002, Issue 62, p24
Presents information on the role of deregulation in creating a market for private finance initiative rail schemes in Great Britain. Opportunities presented by deregulation for private sectors; Background on light rail systems in Great Britain; Factors to consider to guarantee the success of...