Florida Agency to Offer Road Plan Including $188M of Bonds
- Truck-only toll lanes set for Florida. Dunn, Jill // Overdrive;Apr2010, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p14
The article reports that the construction of the truck-only toll lanes of the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is scheduled to begin by summer of 2013 in Florida.
- One final puff. Bernos, Michael // Roads & Bridges;Aug2014, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p32
The article discusses how the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) undertook the reconstruction of highway I-4 to improve the traffic problem of Ybor City and to reestablish the district as a National Historic Landmark District. Topics discussed include how activities in the Port of Tampa...
- More direct. Frank, Richard; Hines, Franklin // Roads & Bridges;May2012, p42
The article features the Connector or the I-4/Selmon Expressway Interchange in Tampa, Florida. The Connector project is part of the enhancements identified in the Tampa Interstate Study/Final Environmental Impact Statement. It was designed by the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT),...
- CREATING A TOOL FOR PLANS-TO-GO. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/24/2001, Vol. 247 Issue 26, p39
Reports the development of an electronic system for the distribution plans of state highway projects by the Department of Transportation in Florida. Upgrade composition of the Professionals' Electronic Data Delivery System (PEDDS); Evaluation on the integrity of PEDDS; Efficacy of PEDDS.
- Ideas diverge for road plan to connect University Circle. Bennett, David; Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/24/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 52, p4
Reports on the diverging ideas for road planning in Cleveland, Ohio. Opposition of Mayor-elect Jane Campbell to a proposed University Circle freeway; Study made for the construction of a boulevard or road; Improvement of the connection of the highway system to the University Circle.
- Campo to vote on controversial SH 45 road plan. Biundo, Jen // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);10/3/2007, Vol. 104 Issue 26, p2A
The article reports that the Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (CAMPO) will vote on the State Highway 45 Southwest road plan.
- Florida Agency Fires Director Who Pushed Ill-Fated Road Project. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/28/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31999, p3
The article presents information that the Tampa Hiltsborough Expressway Authority fired its executive director on Monday and now is trying to figure out how to proceed with its bond-financed, elevated road project, which is literally sinking into Florida's sandy soil. The three-lane elevated...
- Florida DOT Seeks Proposals for State's First Private Tolled Expressway. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;9/ 9/2013, p10
The article calls for competitive proposals for the first privately operated tolled expressway by the Florida Department of Transportation between Newport Richey and Zephyrhills in Florida due on October 9, 2013. The winning bidder will finance, design and build a 33-mile-long, east-west route...
- Public-private partnership to rebuild I-4 near Orlando. Quinn, Matthew W. // American City & County Exclusive Insight;9/16/2014, p1
The article provides information on the rebuilding of Interstate Four highway in urban Orlando by the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT). The project named "I-4 Ultimate Improvement Project" is a 2.3 billion dollars deal which is expected to take six and a half years, and the...