Arkansas Eyes Sales Tax Bonds As Part of $1B Highway Plan
- More Stim Projects Listed. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/15/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33233, p9
The article reports on the list of 130 road projects that cost 1.1 billion dollars prepared by the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department in 2009. It mentions that these projects could get quickly under way if a new federal stimulus law is proposed. It states that the list was developed...
- Let the Stimulus Begin. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/14/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33097, p9
The article reports on the approval of the road projects financed through federal stimulus funds by Arkansas Highway Commission. It notes that the state will receive $351.5 million under American Recovery and Reinvestment Act to finance 103 road and bridge projects that are expected to cost $421...
- Operation wildflower. // Audubon;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p19
Presents information on Operation Wildflower, a program that was launched by the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department. Objective of the program; How individuals or groups can participate in the program.
- China roads second to one. // International Construction;Apr2002, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p5
Reports the rank of China in terms of highway length. Construction of expressways; Completion of highways planned for 2008.
- TEXAS: Road Money Running Out. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/17/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33748, p7
The article informs that according to the Texas House Appropriations subcommittee, current revenues will curtail road building in Texas within few years as gasoline tax revenues are insufficient to finance new roads.
- STAGING INTERURBAN HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION BY DYNAMIC PROGRAMMING: COMMENTS. Brandolini, Ronald G. // Annals of Regional Science;Jul75, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p103
Comments on the article 'Staging Interurban Highway Construction by Dynamic Programming,' which was published in the October 1974 issue of 'The Annals of Regional Science.' Validity of the objective function; Need of determining the specification of the net present values of the various...
- STAGING INTERURBAN HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION BY DYNAMIC PROGRAMMING: REPLY. Hodgson, M. John // Annals of Regional Science;Jul75, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p105
Responds to comment on the article 'Staging Interurban Highway Construction by Dynamic Programming,' which was published in the October 1974 issue of 'The Annals of Regional Science.' Maximization of the objective function.
- Texas highway recipe: Blend local bonds, SIB loans. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;11/09/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30765, p26
Focuses on Denton County, Texas and several nearby cities' plan to jumpstart a highway bypass project. Goal of alleviating traffic in the corridor; Part of a growing trend in road building; Utilization of funds from several sources to construct roads rapidly; Proposal to blend a local bond...
- Prospering from four-landing. // Northern Ontario Business;May2004, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the expansion of Highway 11 in Ontario.