Illinois Lawmakers Return Home Without a Capital Plan
- Congress Passes 1986 Funds For National Park Service. // National Parks;Mar/Apr86, Vol. 60 Issue 3/4, p42
Announces that the U.S. Congress has passed the Fiscal Year 1986 Department of Interior budget which includes the National Park Service budget. Recommended cuts by the administration; Congress' refusal to go along with the vast majority of the proposed cuts.
- Wisconsin close to signing off on overdue budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30739, p5
Reports that Wisconsin's legislative leaders were poised to reach an agreement on a $41 billion state budget, three months after the start of a new biennial fiscal period. Spending agreement expected by both leaders of the state Assembly and Senate; Causes of delays in budget negotiations.
- Texas Legislature to Vote on $113.8 Billion Budget Bill. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/24/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31146, p40
Reports on a proposed budget bill in Texas. Provisions of the bill; Appropriations of the budget.
- Euro focus: FRANCE. // Public Private Finance;Mar2006, Issue 101, p8
The article reports on the condition of public private partnership (PPP) financing in France. The emergence of new legislation and projects suggest that the French government will use partnerships to get spending off-balance sheet. The government claims that it will provide 19 billion euros to...
- Summary of Receipts and Expenditures. // Congressional Digest;Dec28, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p335
Presents a summary of receipts and expenditures for the U.S. for the year 1930, as included in the budget proposed by the U.S. President for the year 1930. Amounts of receipts from Customs, income taxes, miscellaneous internal revenue and miscellaneous receipts; Total expenditures; Estimates of...
- Faced With a Huge Potential Shortfall, Cook County, Ill., Eyes Changes. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/29/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32477, p38
The article focuses on the corrective budget and operational plans for Cook County, Illinois. A team of state and congressional lawmakers are making suggestions for the new administration of the county. It was believed that the plan is a more detailed report which specify how much the county can...
- Scots town hall funding lsquo;not set outrsquo; in budget. Scott, David // Public Finance;10/10/2003, p16
Criticizes the government budget of Scotland for failure to provide funding implications for local government. Lack of specifications in the plans affecting public services; Conviction of David Dorward, director of finance for Dundee City Council, on the matter; Announcement of finance minister...
- US Spending Levels Finalized for 2002 Fiscal Year. Lorenzetti, Maureen // WaterWorld;Apr2003, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p1
Announces U.S. President George W. Bush's approval of an omnibus budget spending bill costing almost 400 billion dollars. 2004 budget proposal's calls for a reduction in the state revolving funds (SRF) funding; Water industry's forecast that the government will restore funding to levels current...
- Balanced budget details. Hawkins, James A. // Physician Executive;Sep/Oct1997, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the estimated cuts in government spending as proposed in the budget bill in the United States. Net deficit reductions as a result of the spending cuts; Proposed tax cuts.
- THE BUDGET PROCESS--A LIABILITY TO THE NATION. Sherry, Michael // Accountancy;Aug1989, Vol. 104 Issue 1152, p20
Comments on the 1989 budget bill of Great Britain. Imposition of a double charge to tax where pay has been earned before April 5, 1989; Provision that denies a deduction from trading profits for emoluments unless and until they are taxable in the hands of the employee.