Atlanta's Mayor Vetoes Across-the-Board Pay Hikes
- Antagonists in Atlanta. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32013, p33
Reports on disagreements between Atlanta, Georgia Mayor Shirley Franklin and the city council over her proposed budget. Rejection of Franklin's plan to give a salary raise to police officers; Plan to veto the proposed increase for all city workers; Need for fiscal responsibility.
- Mayoral Sacrifice. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/31/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31315, p31
Focuses on the 2002 budget of Atlanta, Georgia expected to be released by the city's mayor Shirley Franklin on January 31, 2002. Announcement of a reduction in her salary by Shirley; Other reductions announced by the mayor; Analysis of the budget presented by Bill Campbell who was the mayor in...
- Atlanta's New Budget May Not Survive New Mayor. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/06/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31279, p3
Discusses expected changes in the City Council budget of Atlanta, Georgia, by the state's mayor Shirley Franklin. Projects for which the city is expected to step up borrowings; Multi-million dollar shortfall in revenue; Total value of the budget that needs to be balanced.
- Atlanta Mayor's Water and Sewer Rate Veto Survives Override Vote. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31794, p1
Reports that city council members have failed to override the veto of Mayor Shirley Franklin for the water and sewer rate in Atlanta, Georgia. Impact of the issue on the economic viability of the city; Influence of the issue on the city's bond ratings.
- NEW MEXICO: Council Puts Raise on Ballot. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/26/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32658, p9
The article reports that city councilors in Albuquerque, New Mexico have overrode a veto by Mayor Martin Echavez to put a pay raise for them on the municipal ballot. The mayor did not approve on a measure that would have increased the salaries of the councilors from the current level of slightly...
- How to Win Friends and Repair A City. Gurwitt, Rob // Governing;Apr2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p22
Highlights the role played by Shirley Franklin, the new mayor of Atlanta, Georgia in the turnaround of the city's credibility and public demeanor. Efforts of Franklin on addressing the city's challenges; Comments from Eric Johnson, president of the Georgia Senate; Approaches of Franklin on...
- New budget includes raises for employees. Merkel, Jim // Granite City Press-Record;7/11/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 28, pA3
The article looks at the vote of the Granite City Council for passing the May 1, 2012 to April 30, 2013 budget of 24.3 million U.S. dollars (USD) that will include 2.5% to 7% salary increases for some employees and appointed city workers.
- City tax rate to fall about two cents. TREUL, DON // Breckenridge American;8/23/2008, p1
The article reports on the public hearing held by the city of Breckenridge on August 21, 2008 for the proposed 2008-2009 tax rate and budget. As stated, the tax rate will be based on the proposed 4% salary increase for employees. The budget includes the purchase of vehicles and heavy equipment,...
- County budget brings lower taxes. SEVILLA, ANDY // Free Press (Buda, TX);9/ 5/2012, Vol. 110 Issue 23, p1A
The article presents information on the budget proposed for fiscal year 2012-2013 in Hays County, Texas according to which an increment of three percent in the salary of officials and county staff has been proposed.