Columbus, Ohio, School Board Wants Audit Over Gap
- Rhode Island Parents Seek Guardian for Students' Interests. // Education Week;8/29/1984, Vol. 3 Issue 41/42, p4
The article reports that the parents of students in the Exeter-West Greenwich, Rhode Island school district have asked the Providence County Superior Court to appoint a guardian to represent students' interest in a battle over the district's 326,000 budget deficit. The interests of teachers,...
- School Budgeting. Hyde, Richard E. // Education;Oct1927, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p102
The article discusses the importance of good school budgeting in the U.S. School budget is important in school districts or units which do not have fiscal independence due to competition for public funds. A better system of bookkeeping and accounting is recommended so that requests for funds can...
- A few simple budget rules. // American School Board Journal;May2007, Vol. 194 Issue 5, p20
The article suggests rules to manage a school district's budget. It is advised to resist the urge to cut out areas that are easy to eliminate, such as travel and professional development, instead of finding ways to increase funding. Professional development seminars can help acquire new methods...
- Untitled. // Education Digest;Mar1943, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p11
The article reports on the requirement in West Virginia that all school budgets meet the approval of the State Board of Finance which has set up a uniform and obligatory system of school disctrict budgeting.
- Number of Troubled Calif. Schools May Be on the Rise. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;12/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31046, p1
Predicts that more K-12 schools in California will fall short on their projected budgets in 2001, according to a second expert on state public schools. Implications for the state school district's credit ratings; Results of an interim state report on the financial health of school districts in...
- MEASSAGE: Live Free or Go Broke. Pascopella, Angela // District Administration;Apr2003, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the opposition of the school districts on the No Child Left Behind mandates in New Hampshire. Result of financial burdens on school budgets; Maintenance of control on educational programs by the local taxpayers; Estimation of the federal budget for education.
- Forecast Improves For Schools in N.J. // Education Week;5/5/1982, Vol. 1 Issue 32, p3
The article reports on the election for the school budgets by the school-board members in New Jersey. School budgets were approved in 68 percent of the state's 548 voting school districts that rise up to 4 percentages from 1981. From 1978 to 1981, the percentage of budgets passed dropped each year.
- your board wanted to change the budget process? Caruso Jr., Nicholas D. // American School Board Journal;May2011, Vol. 198 Issue 5, p48
The article focuses on the budget development process of the school boards in the school districts in the U.S. It notes that the school board requires processes that ensure the engagement of the whole board regarding the foundational questions about district purpose and direction. It also...
- Miami-Dade Unions Sue to Safeguard Contracts. Gewertz, Catherine // Education Week;3/20/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p3
Reports that a coalition of unions representing teachers, maintenance workers, administrators, and school police filed suit against a Florida school board and the state. Law that will be used to force them to take two unpaid days off; State of the financial situation of the school district;...