Atlanta Suburb Looks to Become City With Bonding Power
- Town planning assistance. // Finance Week;10/19/2001, p42
Focuses on the involvement of Municipal Structures Act on town planning in South Africa. Opportunities of African's business chamber through the Act; Role of the Act to municipalities; Procedure of the approval of the integrated development plan. INSET: Popular Web site..
- Bills would allow mandatory fees in improvement districts. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;03/06/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p29
Focuses on the proposed bills that would allow mandatory assessment on property owners of business improvement districts in Michigan. Requisite for property owners to pay for maintenance of districts; Proponents of the bills; Provisions of the bills; Problems in the drafting of the bills.
- City reveals concerns over legislation. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/3/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p1
The article discusses the questions, concerns and critiques in 58 areas of One Kent Coalition's proposed legislation to merge the city of Grand Rapids, Michigan, with Kent County, including the governmental and economic goals of a consolidation and a clear budgeting process for a new government.
- Regional measures hit the mark. // Central Penn Business Journal;8/20/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p12
In this article, the author discusses aspects of Senate Bill (SB) 1429 which allows citizens and municipalities to vote for their consolidation without state's consent and SB 1357 which allows the creation of a commission to urge municipal mergers to state lawmakers due to the economic recession...
- Massachusetts Lieutenant Governor Pushes Municipal Relief Package. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;5/15/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31636, p6
In an effort to relieve at least some of the fiscal burden faced by cities and towns in Massachusetts, lieutenant governor Kerry Healey urged legislators to approve a municipal relief package estimated to save the localities 50 million dollar to 75 million dollar annually through the elimination...
- Corrections. // Georgia Trend;Mar2006, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p8
Corrections to articles in previous issues including "Legislative Guides for 2006 and 2005," in the February 2006 issue and an article on Thomasville in Georgia are presented.
- Urbis: A luta pelo acesso Ã Moradia na RegiÃ£o Metropolitana do Rio de Janeiro: a Vila GetÃºlio Cabral. Leitão, Gerônimo; Delecave, Jonas // Boletin CientÃfico Sapiens Research;jul-dic2012, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p58
This article discusses the occupation process of GetÃºlio Cabral Village, in Duque de Caxias, RJ, inserted into a organized occupation of unused land movement in Rio de Janeiro's Metropolitan Area, that took place between 1980 --with Brazil's re-democratization process-- and the mid-1990s....
- History of change. Doocey, Paul // Casino Journal;Jul2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p4
Discusses developments in the casino industry in Las Vegas, Nevada as the city celebrates its 100th anniversary in July. Information on a list of the most influential individuals and projects in the industry; Expectations regarding Bill 471, which would permit casinos to operate games of chance...
- France Oks More Selling On Sunday. Berton, Elena // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/24/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 17, p15
The article reports that the French Senate passed a law that will allow more stores to open for business on Sundays. It the law is enacted, it would allow all stores in some designated areas in large cities such as Paris, Lille and Marseille to open on Sundays. It is stated that this move will...