S&P Puts $1.9 Million of AAA-Rated LA. Mortgage Bonds on Negative Watch
- Credit Ratings Of MBS Are Up. // National Mortgage News;2/24/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the rise in credit ratings of mortgage-backed securities (MBS) in 2002, according to Standard and Poor's. Refinancing's effect of boosting credit support on remaining securities in senior-subordinated deal structures.
- S&P introduces new methodology for computing convexity risk in MBS portfolios. Sibayan, Karen // Asset Securitization Report;2/24/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the Standard & Poor's introduction of a method for the computation of convexity risk in mortgage-backed securities portfolios of life insurance companies. Considerations on the impact of extension risks on the mortgage-backed allocations of life companies; Changes in accounting...
- S&P's CMBS Quarterly Review: Fourth Quarter2002. // Asset Securitization Report;2/3/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p20
Presents an excerpt from Standard & Poor's 'CMBS Quarterly Review; Fourth Quarter of 2002,' focused on forecasts for U.S. CMBS in 2003. CMBS issuance; CMBS industry concerns; Delinquency rate; North American CMBS loans.
- S&P Expects Growth in Japanese Deals. // National Mortgage News;01/22/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p9
Reports on a prediction by Standard and Poor's (S&P) that Japan's residential and commercial mortgage-backed securities sectors will grow in 2001. How Japan's economic problems will drive an increase in issuance; Japanese government's call for fiscal investment and loan program agencies to...
- Australian MBS Under Review. // National Mortgage News;10/1/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 2
Reports the rating of several Australian and New Zealand residential mortgage-backed securities issues by Standard & Poor's.
- CMBS Delinquencies Up by 12%. Thangavelu, Poonka // National Mortgage News;10/29/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p30
Reports that the delinquency rate for pooled commercial mortgage-backed securities transactions in the United States for the third quarter of 2001. Data reported by credit rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp.; Factors that boost delinquencies.
- S&P Adding CMBS Pricing. // National Mortgage News;9/15/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p16
Reports on the inclusion of commercial mortgage-backed securities pricing to the Conquest technology of Standard & Poor's Corp. in the U.S.
- S&P refines its rating criteria for some single-family mortgage deals. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/28/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30757, p7
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has refined its rating criteria for single-family mortgage bonds in the United States. Reflection of prepayment risk; Application of the stress cash flow standard.
- S&P Drops XLCA, CIFG; FGIC on Watch. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/9/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32895, p1
The article reports on the downgraded ratings by Standard & Poor's Corp. of XL Capital Assurance Inc., CIFG Assurance NA and the Financial Guaranty Insurance Corp., to BBB-minus, A-minus and BB ratings, respectively. The credit of XLCA remains on negative watch reflecting the agency's assessment...