Municipals Finish Little Changed, Though Session's Tone Improves
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;1/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32047, p6
The article presents data and graphs related to the bond market and municipal swaps. It presents information related to the bond market association municipal swap index.
- Munis Slightly Weaker After Previous Rally. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/1/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32577, p2
The article offers updates concerning municipal bond market in the U.S. for 2007. The municipal bond market is slightly weaker in February 27, 2007 after a sizeable rally. According to one trader, tax-exempt yields were lower by one or two basis points. Also, one trader from New York asserts...
- Munis Slightly Firmer as Traders Await Data. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/27/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32576, p2
The article provides updates concerning municipal bond market in the U.S. for February 2007. In February 26, the municipal market was slightly firmer as participants awaited potential market-moving data. According to one trader, they are tad firmer perhaps one basis point, at certain parts of...
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;1/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32543, p30
Several charts are presented depicting bond market statistics including bond index, bond prices, and municipal bond finance.
- Following Three Big Weeks, Cupboard Lies Bare. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/26/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32535, p7
The article offers information on declined sales in the municipal market in the U.S. during the first three weeks of December 2006. Howard Mackey, president of Apex Prior Securities, expects that there would be no major change in the market during the next week. Jonathan Basile, Credit Suisse...
- PIC: An Alternative Approach to Accepting Bids on Local and State Government Bonds: Comment. Hopewell, Michael H.; Kaufman, George G. // Financial Management (1972);Summer79, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p42
This article refutes the superiority of the present value interest cost (PIC) over the net interest cost and true interest cost (TIC) used by state and local governments in awarding their serials bonds as proposed by Professors Osteryoung, Braswell and Blevins. The authors also state that TIC...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;7/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32177, p7
Presents data concerning U.S. derivatives and structured bond products as July 19, 2005. Bond Market Association Municipal Swap index; Index-linked municipal swaps; Swap rates versus bond yield.
- Munis Weaken as Retail Orders Start On N.Y.C.'s $950 Million GO Issue. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;3/15/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31841, p2
Examines the market for municipal bonds in the U.S. as of March 12, 2004. Rise in business inventories; Current account deficit; Final scale comprised serials.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 15. // Bond Buyer;3/15/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31841, p2
Presents a chart on the market for municipal bonds in the U.S. as of March 15, 2004. Major deals; Economic indicators.