Treasury 2 Yean Go at 2.945% High
- Treasury 4-Weeks Coat 1.950% High. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/24/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32017, p2
Reports that the Treasury Department has auctioned multibillion dollars of four week bills in the U.S.
- The First Use of a Combined-Value Auction for Transportation Services. Ledyard, John O.; Olson, Mark; Porter, David; Swanson, Joseph A.; Torma, David P. // Interfaces;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p4
Combined-value auctions (CVAs) allow participants to make an offer of a single amount for a collection of items. These auctions provide value to both buyers and sellers of goods or services in a number of environments, but they have rarely been implemented, perhaps because of lack of knowledge...
- A Decentralized, Smart Market Solution to a Class of Back-Haul Transportation Problems: Concept and Experimental Test Beds. Brewer, Paul J.; Plott, Charles R. // Interfaces;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p13
Back-haul problems occur in many areas of transportation. One-way rental often takes equipment, such as cases and containers, from an area of high demand to an area of low demand. The problem is to return the equipment to the location of need, a problem typically viewed as an administrative and...
- DON'T BE DUPED AT auction. Smith, Greg // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);6/23/2003, Vol. 55 Issue 25, p65
Suggests ways to engage in public auctions without being deceived. Tricks and pitfalls of auctions; Nature of auction trading; Things to consider when engaging in an auction trade.
- Sold! Maneker, Roberta // Art & Antiques;Nov2005, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p118
The article presents suggestion for consigning items at auction with selling savvy. Large houses hold many auctions during the year, mostly in specialized categories. They also hold general sales that pile together a wide range of objects at disparate price levels. Most auction houses provide a...
- Coasian dynamics in repeated English auctions. Menezes, Flávio M.; Ryan, Matthew J. // International Journal of Game Theory;2009, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p349
We extend the Coase conjecture to the case of a seller with a single object, who faces n potential buyers and holds a sequence of English auctions until the object is sold. In an independent-private-values environment in which buyers and sellers share the same discount factor, we show that the...
- Wales saves Â£5.4m in first national online deal. Whitehouse, Cara // Supply Management;2/3/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p8
Reports that public sectors in Wales have saved millions of pounds by joining forces for the first nationwide electronic auction. Views of Larry Peterson, head of procurement and commercial development, regarding the matter; Amount of money received as the lowest bid; Promotion of the deal...
- An Experimental Investigation of Auctions and Bargaining in Procurement. Shachat, Jason; Lijia Tan // Management Science;May2015, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p1036
In reverse auctions, buyers often retain the right to bargain further concessions from the winners. The optimal form of such procurement is an English auction followed by an auctioneer's option to engage in ultimatum bargaining with the winners. We study behavior and performance in this...
- STATUS SYMBOLS FOR SALE. Hauser, Ernest O. // Saturday Evening Post;9/23/1961, Vol. 234 Issue 38, p67
Features Sotheby & Co., the world's leading auction house for works of art. background/history of Sotheby and their business operation; Analysis of figures representing the firm's sales records from preceding auctions; List of famous art works sold at Sotheby's auctions.