Merits of PDF, HTML formats debated at TBMA conference
- A MODELING APPROACH FOR E-BUSINESS STANDARDS BASED ON XML SCHEMA ANNOTATIONS. Schmitz, Volker; Leukel, Joerg; Hepp, Martin // Proceedings of the IADIS International Conference on WWW/Interne;Nov2007, p101
Since the advent of XML as a meta language for data exchange on the Internet, numerous e-business standards for various applications and business domains have been developed. The problem is that such e-business standards can get very complex with regard to the size of respective formal...
- Surfing prohibited. Kleiner, Kurt // New Scientist;1/25/97, Vol. 153 Issue 2066, p28
Assesses the consequences of the efforts of various companies and politicians to curtail the freedom of the Internet. Emphasis on the use of the hypertext link on the Internet; Uses of the hypertext link; Significance of the battle between the `Shetland Times' newspaper and the Shetland News.
- LIFELINES. // Biography: An Interdisciplinary Quarterly;Spring2002, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p450
Calls for papers on how autobiography and other forms of life writing are engaging the Internet, hypertext, digital multimedia, virtual worlds and role-playing games, to be submitted to the Center for Biographical Research.
- Open-doc integration eyed in Mass. Fontana, John // Network World;7/2/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p10
The article assesses on the decision of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to adopt the Open Extensible Markup Language (XML) standard along with its use of the OpenDocument Format (ODF). Critics assert that Open XML could cause integration issues, whereas some analysts believe that it could help...
- Principles of HyperNietzsche. D’Iorio, Paolo // Diogenes;2002, Vol. 49 Issue 196, p58
Discusses the use of Internet medium for critical knowledge in literature and philosophy by aiming to create a hypertext model which can be used as a real scientific research instrument for the human sciences. Principles of dynamic contextualization; Concept of copyleft and copyright; Need of...
- Some Agencies Get Over Their Paper Hang-up (And Some Don't). Thomas, Trevor // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/2/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 22, p4
Discusses how companies in the insurance industry in the U.S. can deal with problems related to documentation by converting any file to a portable document format file. Price range associated with any high-end document-management systems; Advantages of having digital records; Factors that may...
- Document conferencing. // Communications News;Nov96, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p37
Provides information on products relating to document conferencing. Names of the products; Information on how products work; Contact point for information relating to the products.
- Document conferencing software. Wilkerson, Robert // PC Week;3/25/96, Vol. 13 Issue 12, pN31
Features several document conferencing software. Description; Applications; Product and technical support; Annotation tools; Price; Warranty; Contact information.
- Portable pages: There's still a role for digital paper. // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;May97, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p19
Features Web programs for portable document delivery. Portable Document Format from Adobe; Compose and Re:mark from Ambia; QuickLinx, Relay:Capture and DigiDozen from DigiDox; Common Ground from Hummingbird.