The smoke has yet to clear as three platforms battle it out
- Unbound Bonds. Fabey, Michael // Latin Trade (English);Apr2000, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p16
Deals with the Internet bond issue launched by Argentina in 2000. Example of companies who have used the Internet for bond sales; Benefits of the Internet bond issues to bond buyers.
- BondDesk Adds Price Discovery and Reporting Tool to Its Trading Platform. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;10/3/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32230, p32
Reports on the introduction of MarketView & Trade Monitor System, a new price discovery and reporting tool, by BondDesk Group LLC. Ability of the online trading tool to organize the array of municipal information that is available in the market; Possibility for users to sort through municipal...
- Buy-Side Execs Want More E-Bond Access. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;12/8/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p1
Reports on a call from buy-side executives for sell-side dealers in the U.S. to offer fee-based electronic trading of bonds in which institutions would have transparent or direct access to other buy-side firms. Reason for the need to create a fee-based system of bond trading; Concerns of dealer...
- A CRITICAL EXAMINATION OF THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF E - BOND TRANSACTIONS, AND THE EXTEND TO WHICH THEY PERTAIN TO THE ISSUING OF BONDS WORLDWIDE. Anargiridou, Despina C.; Papadopoulos, Demetrios L. // Proceedings of the IADIS International Conference on WWW/Interne;Nov2005, p291
The value of a bond is the present value of the income stream one expects to receive from holding the bond. The market sets the price of the e-bonds. The purpose of this paper is twofold: first to provide a critical examination of the advantages and disadvantages of the online bond transactions...
- New E-System Emerges. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31283, p1
Reports on the plans of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based financial services company PriMuni to create an electronic municipal bond order-matching and distribution system, after receiving guidance from the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board on December 11, 2001. Efforts of the company for...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;11/25/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31520, p2
Presents several news briefs related to bonds in the United States as of November 25, 2002. Increase in retail sales via electronic commerce in Washington; Risks associated with globalization of banks in New York; Decrease in Reedy Creek ratings in New York.
- Get Ready for E-Bonds. // National Journal;12/04/99, Vol. 31 Issue 49, p3477
Looks at the trading of bonds electronically in the United States. Prices of bonds; Effects of interest rates on the prices of bonds; Lack of competition between the companies handling the selling; Reforms pertaining to trading.
- CLARIFICATION. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/12/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 42, pN.PAG
Presents a correction for the article 'E-Bonds: At the Crossroads,' regarding the on-line bond trading in November 5, 2001 issue of the journal 'Investment Dealers' Digest.'
- Market players speculate about the future of electronic bidding systems. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;12/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30793, p6
Presents bond market participants' views about electronic bidding systems for bonds in the United States. Includes the evaluation of an auction by MuniAuction from Reid Smith of Vanguard Group; Leadership of Thomson Financial Municipals Group's online bidding system; Controversy over...