Savvy managers seen as key to strong performance in today's competitive market
- Low Participation, Lack of New Issues Leave Indexes Nearly Unchanged. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;7/3/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31421, p34
Reports the stability of the 'Bond Buyer' yield indexes in the U.S. Decline of market participation among the traders; Occurrence of stock losses; Amount of negotiated loans.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31436, p31
Reports developments related to bonds trading performance of states in the U.S. as of July 2002. Willingness of voters in California to approve bond measures; Decline of state revenues in Idaho; Efficiency of the state revenue collection at Wyoming.
- High Yield Gainers and Losers (as of 3/20/02). // High Yield Report;3/25/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p4
Lists the high yield gainers and losers as of March 20, 2002. Top gainer and loser bonds; Pricing; Yields.
- GOLDMAN SACHS EURO HY INDICES. // High Yield Report;6/17/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 24, p8
Presents charts depicting the Goldman Sachs euro high yield indices. Lists of bond issuer; Estimation on the index data with the total returns; Statistics on the Goldman Sachs high yield index from Januaryâ€“May 2002.
- D.C. Plans $522M of GO BABs Before Program Expire. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;11/24/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33422, p3
The article reports on the plan of the District of Columbia, to use the general obligation credit to maximize the Build America Bonds (BABs) savings.
- Taking the fear out of the bonds. Smith, Gary // American City & County;Apr95, Vol. 110 Issue 5, p12
Explains the financial management in the bond market. Municipal portfolios; Investments in agencies, mortgage-backed instruments or collateralized mortgage obligations; Compensation for risks and options.
- Self-selection and the effects of poison put/call covenants on the reoffering yields of corporate bonds. Torabzadeh, Khalil M.; Roufagalas, John; Woodruff, Criss G. // International Review of Economics & Finance;2000, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p139
This study examines the effects of poison put/call covenants on the reoffering yields of corporate bonds issued during 1986 through 1990. The analysis controls for possible biases due to the endogeneity of the decision to issue the bond and the decision to include a poison covenant. The findings...
- Managing bonds in today's rate environment. Douglas, Livingston G. // Pensions & Investments;4/18/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p28
Presents strategies for active bond managers to employ in the changing rate environment in the United States. Value of yield; Value of rolldown; Definition of a break even analysis; Opportunities presented to active bond managers; Importance of risk control; Mismatch between assets and...
- Revving up for revenue bonds is no simple matter. Jacobs, Thomas D. // ABA Banking Journal;Feb84, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p133
Explains the management challenges that banks must overcome to boost the earnings of revenue bonds. Description of how to address profit outlook; Questions to ask to increase revenues; Case example of the Washington Public Power Supply.
- Survey reveals the five-star platforms. Holt, Natalie // Money Marketing;7/8/2010, p2
The article reports on the five-star ratings received by 7im, Novia, Elevate, Axa, and Nucleus as well as the satisfaction score of over 80 percent on each of their platforms in Great Britain.