Bonds to provide $322 million of Pennsylvania capital budget
- Pennsylvania governor's $17.8 billion budget proposal includes tax cuts. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;02/04/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30324, p31
Reports on Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge's proposed $17.8 billion budget for fiscal 1999. Features of proposed tax cuts; Features of the fiscal 1999 capital budget; Criticisms of Ridge's budget proposal from Pennsylvania's House and Senate Democrats.
- Private med schools in Pa. to lose millions under governor's plan. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;2/12/96, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the possible impact of the fiscal 1997 budget plan proposed by Governor Tom Ridge on some private medical schools in Pennsylvania. Reduction of subsidies to private universities; Effect on Thomas Jefferson University; Elimination of Medical Assistance or Medicaid for able-bodied...
- Waste fund in Pa. may find new use. Fleming, Megan // Waste News;02/08/99, Vol. 4 Issue 39, p4
Reports that Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge has presented a budget plan to lawmakers that shifts $1.3 billion in environmental funds to priorities such as watershed protection and hindering urban sprawl. Use of excess recycling and landfill funds; Provisions under Ridge's `Growing Greener'...
- WHAT IS SECURITY'S BOTTOM LINE? Gorman, Siobhan // National Journal;2/8/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p437
Presents comments from James W. Ziglar, informal adviser of U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge, on the budget of the department for fiscal 2004. Response of Ridge to the comment; Amount of budget requested by Ridge; Views of Office of Management and Budget Director Mitchell E. Daniels...
- Philly Schools Could Be State Run After Oct. 29. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/2/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31194, p34
Reports the memorandum of understanding agreement between Governor Tom Ridge and Mayor John Street of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania. Agreement suspending lawsuit filed by the city against the state; Amount of the deficit of the district; Conditions regarding the taking of control of the state...
- Pa. Budget Boosts Libraries. // American Libraries;Apr2001, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p34
Reports the announcement by Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge that his 2001-2002 budget would include $94 million for public libraries. How the money will be divided; Comments from Ridge.
- Pa. Governor puts his reform plan on back burner. Lindsay, Drew // Education Week;1/10/96, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p20
States that Pennsylvania's Governor Tom Ridge fail in an eleven hour bid to pass his controversial education package, dimming the changes for his success in the upcoming legislative session. Personal defeat; Momentum for 1996.
- On the road again. Strader, Jim // Executive Report;Jun97, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p8
Presents Pittsburgh Governor Tom Ridge remarks on state's place in global market. Ridge tourism campaign in Italy and Canada; Trade mission in Mexico; Pittsburgh Medical Center agreement with Toronto company.
- The challenger. Strader, Jim // Executive Report;Dec96, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p8
Profiles Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge. Bid for reelection; Political stance; Rivals.