Eaton Vance branches out with nine closed-end funds
- A Lone Star Stampede. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;2/13/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31324, p1
Reports on the decision of Eaton Vance Management to de-register a state-specific Texas municipal bond fund. Merger of Texas Municipals Portfolio with the National Municipals Portfolio; Incentives for municipal bond funds investors; Imposition of personal income tax.
- Eaton Vance Manager turns the tables on sluggish market conditions. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;12/03/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30284, p6
Reports on the success of portfolio Manager Tom Metzold of Eaton Vance Management, while highlighting the conditions of the municipal bond market. Details on the success of the company; Percentage in Traditional Fund returns; Comments from Tom Metzold.
- Eaton Vance to launch first closed-end funds. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;01/25/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30564, p2
Reports on the plans of Eaton Vance Corp. to launch out nine closed-end municipal trust funds in January 1999.
- Eaton Vance Named Best Stock of Last 25 Years. // Money Management Executive;2/14/2005, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p2
The article reports that Eaton Vance Corp. has been crowned the number one publicly traded stock in the last 25 years. According to FactSet Research Systems, Eaton Vance's annualized return of 32% since 1979 put the company ahead of such Wall Street princes as Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway...
- Rough beginning. Appell, Douglas // Pensions & Investments;7/21/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 15, p30
The article presents an interview with Thomas E. Faust Jr., chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of Eaton Vance Corp. When asked about his timing to become CEO, he states that it came out to be a challenging period. When asked about challenges faced by his big closed-end fund business, he...
- Closed-End Funds. // Bond Buyer;06/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30915, p6
Highlights the results of a survey of ten New York-specific and national closed-end municipal bond funds by Gruntal & Co. Analyst Michael McGrath's assessment of the closed-end funds market.
- Eaton Vance funds make money by going out on a limb. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;09/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30487, p14
Analyzes the performance of Eaton Vance Management's municipal bond portfolio in the United States. Total investment by the fund's National Municipal Bond portfolio; Return rates of some of the fund's top rating funds; Performance of single-state portfolios; Investment strategies; Portfolio...
- Muni Funds: BlackRock the Latest to Join the Closed-End Fund Boom. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/24/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31250, p7
Focuses on the issuance of leveraged closed-end municipal bond funds by BlackRock Inc. Plans regarding trade of bonds at the New York Stock Exchange; Year of maturity for the closed-end funds; Target investors for sale of closed-end bonds; Information about the funds' yield to investors;...
- Funds that offer muni happy returns. Shanley, Melanie // Fortune;7/8/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 1, p138
Reports on increased returns from closed-end municipal bond funds in the U.S. as of July, 2002. How higher investment in Treasury bonds has lowered the price of municipal bonds and raised their equity; Performance of closed end funds compared with traditional mutual funds; Recommendation of...