With supply low and quality high, managers look elsewhere
- Widened spreads have managers lowering their sights. Polyak, Ilana; Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;03/08/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30593, p9
Focuses on four portfolio managers' strategies for spotting value on the lower end of the credit spectrum, in response to the widening credit spreads in the United States bond market. Respondents include Joe Piraro of Van Kempen Funds; Ken Wiullmann of USAA Investment Management; Mike...
- Higher credits, lower defaults, and lots of telecom. Braunschweig, Carolina // High Yield Report;11/15/99, Vol. 10 Issue 44, p1
Profiles portfolio manager Tim Norman of the Phoenix-Goodwin High Yield Fund.
- Our model portfolios: So far, so good (mostly). Kane, Leslie // Medical Economics;02/08/99, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p128
Cites mock investments made by three financial experts on five-year portfolios and 20-year portfolios. Statistical data reflecting the changes in values of the investments from July 31 to November 30 of 1998; Assessments by the three experts of the factors that influenced value changes.
- Advisors need to learn to say no. Chowdhury, Ajay // New Media Age;9/5/2002, p9
Addresses investment adviser market behavior and how they should manage client relationships. Manner by which advisers lost their independence resulting from their relationship with customers; Problem caused by the efforts of advisers to acquire larger deals and fees; Importance for advisers to...
- Market forces. Carr, David // Money Marketing;3/18/2010, p58
In this article the author discusses the strategies absolute return fund managers to maximize performance amidst of changing economic conditions in Great Britain.
- The one vital decision. Martin, Craig // Finance Week;8/31/2001, p22
Discusses the portfolio management strategies recommended by investment advisers in South Africa. Consideration of factors that determine interest rate trends; Illustration of the underlying capital risk associated with property fund investments.
- Do What You Love and the Money Will Follow. Krebsbach, Karen // Bank Investment Consultant;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p9
Focuses on the role of financial consultants on the investment decision of investors. Indication on the appropriate asset allocation; Advantage of professional financial advice; Examination of companies' accounting regularities.
- Achieving the correct balance. McKee, Hugh // Money Marketing;7/3/2003, p39
Focuses on achieving balance in the investment portfolio. Diversity of investments; Role of the investment adviser; Managed and with-profits funds; Benefits and drawbacks of strategic asset management, the movement of assets among asset classes.
- Product labels misleading. Beaman, Lucinda // Money Management;11/4/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p1
The article reports on the call of regulators to intervene on the issue of fund managers on their misleading market product labels in Australia.