Troubled Philadelphia gas works hit with downgrade from Moody's
- Philly Gas Works Wins Union Concessions. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;10/3/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31236, p29
Reports the move of Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) employees union to ratify a contract to accept reductions in health care benefits and flexible work rules in Pennsylvania. Terms in the contract; Benefits of the contract; Ratings of PGW revenue bonds.
- S&P Rates Philly Gas Debt. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;8/29/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33573, p9
The article reports that the revenue refunding bonds of Philadelphia Gas Works Inc. rated as BBB-plus and stable outlook according to Standard and Poor's Co.
- Fitch Knocks PGW Down Two Notches. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;4/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31870, p2
Reports that Fitch Ratings has reduced its rating on Philadelphia Gas Works' outstanding senior revenue bonds. Rise in delinquent accounts; Increase in natural gas prices; Increase in number of customers with unpaid bills; Efforts to control losses; Ratings for Philadelphia Gas by Standard &...
- Bad News For Philadelphia Gas Works. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32240, p1
Reports on the impact Fitch Ratings Inc.'s placement of Philadelphia Gas Works' BB-minus rating on negative watch on outstanding senior and junior lien bonds in the U.S. Negative ratings seen on bonds which have the lowest investment grade rating; Contribution of oil prices to a downgrade of the...
- Weather, reorganization put Philadelphia utility in hot seat. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;12/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30543, p3
Cites the possible downgrading by Moody's Investors Service of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania utility Philadelphia Gas Works' (PGW) bonds as a result of weather conditions and changes in the company's management. Rating by Moody's of PGW's outstanding bonds; Technical default on revenue bonds;...
- Philadelphia Keeping Troubled Gas Works, for Now. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31518, p3
Reports on decision of Philadelphia Mayor John Street to not privatize the gas utility Philadelphia Gas Works. Problems faced by the gas utility company; Bonds to be issued by the company in December 2002; Outstanding debts of the gas utility.
- Philly gas seeks trade partners. // PHC Profit Report;Jan97, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p11
Reports that Philadelphia Gas Works held a vendor open house on December 11, 1996.
- Philadelphia utility skims service pacts. Mader, Robert P. // Contractor Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p1
Announces the availability of cheap service contracts for gas furnaces and heaters, from the Philadelphia Gas Works under their Residential Parts & Labor Plan. Coverage of the plan; Period of promotion run; Guarantees offered to customers of the Residential Parts & Labor Plan; Number of...
- Boston to Sell $200 Million in GOs and Bans. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p4
Focuses on the proposed sale of multi-million dollar bonds and bond anticipation notes by Boston, Massachusetts. Electronic bidding system on which the bonds and notes are being priced; Components that make up the deal; Bond ratings by various rating agencies.