Managers struggle with too much cash, too few issues
- Inflows Drop Tax-Exempt Average Annualized Yield 14 Basis Points. Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;1/16/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31802, p34
Reports that the average annualized tax-exempt money market fund yield has plunged. Need to reinvest the cash temporarily parked in the funds; Assessment of the inflow; Advantage offered by tax-free yields.
- Chart a course. Walker, Chris // Money (Australia Edition);Mar2014, Issue 165, p88
The article discusses how fundamental analysis and technical analysis, also known as charting, can help investors which-stocks or currencies to buy, hold or sell. Other topics discussed include factors to consider in the fundamental analysis of a company's stocks, including cash flow, the...
- Inflows Creep Back Into Money Funds. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;7/8/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33940, p6
The article focuses on the inflows of money into municipal money market funds for the week of July.
- Herculean stock market stifles some money funds' cash flow. Kushner, Aviya // Bond Buyer;08/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30205, p6
Reports on the effects of a robust stock market on the flow of cash to money market funds in the United States. Cash flow for the INVESCO Funds Group Inc. and Wachovia Asset Management; Increase in cash flow observed at the start of the month; Possibility that the Federal Reserve Board would...
- Muni Fund Report Week Two Of Outflows. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;4/4/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F314, p1
The article informs that the municipal fund has witnessed the net outflow of 81.26 million U.S dollars in April 2014.
- Featured Funds. // Morningstar Fund Family Reports: Fidelity;Jan2008, Issue 56, p3
The article features two funds, Fidelity Contrafund and Fidelity Strategic Real Return, from Fidelity Investments. Information cited includes the funds' governance and management, historical profile, performance, rating and risk, as well as portfolio analysis. The author believes that Fidelity...
- Money Fund Inflows: $4.4B in Oct. Week. // American Banker;11/3/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 212, p9
The article reports that money market funds experienced a net inflow of $4.41 billion for the week ending October 28, 2008. The pulling of $14.37 billion from taxable money funds by individual investors is mentioned, noting that institutional investors increased their investment in the funds by...
- Investors Shying Away From High-Yield Bonds. // Money Management Executive;7/16/2007, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p4
The article reports on the withdrawal of investment by investors from mutual funds. Investors are moving their money out of mutual bonds due to concerns on the subprime crises which affect the mortgage market and the risks of high-yield bonds. According to high-yield portfolio manager Mark...
- WONDER WOMEN. Goodman, Leah McGrath // Trader Monthly;Oct2008, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p57
The article features the top female fund managers. It includes Leda Braga of BlueCrest Capital Management, who gains an estimated $8 billion fund in terms of assets under management. Another is Renee Haugerud of Galtere Ltd., who raises an estimated assets under management of $2.5 billion....