NCSHA group's electronic disclosure pilot program set to begin before July
- Municipal bond disclosure: Remaining inadequacies of mandatory disclosure under rule 15c2-12. Fairchild, Lisa M.; Ellis, Nan S. // Journal of Corporation Law;Spring98, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p439
Focuses on the problems associated with mandatory disclosure of information under rule 15c2-12, with reference to the requirements of the municipal bond market in the United States. History of municipal disclosure practices; Importance of information availability in capital markets; Efficacy of...
- TBMA issues draft underwriters' disclosure disclaimer. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30742, p29
Reports that the Bond Market Association has released a draft of a standardized disclosure disclaimer that an underwriter could include in an official statement in the United States. Need for a standardized language; Basic principles underlying the draft.
- Housing Authority issuers heed requests to heighten, modernize disclosure practices. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;08/04/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30201, p40
Describes efforts by housing authority issuers in the United States to improve secondary market disclosure practices. Includes Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency's disclosure information on the Internet; California Housing Finance Agency's addition of more disclosure information in its...
- Do you have to disclose the ghosts in the attic? Schnider, Cort // St. Charles Journal;10/31/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 44, pE1
The author offers information on the disclosure statement from the home seller in which sellers are advised to disclose information related to the house that they would like to know should they buy a home.
- Disclosing what you know is good for everybody. Peterson, Cheri // Wentzville Journal;4/24/2013, Vol. 51 Issue 17, pD1
The article discusses how realtors use a seller's disclosure statement, a house seller's statement about the condition of his or her home, in order to help them fulfill their obligations and avoid litigation.
- TBMA: NASD should publicize fewer disciplinary cases. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;01/20/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30561, p23
Reports on The Bond Market Association's (TBMA) request for the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) to adopt a policy on the public release of information about disciplinary actions involving civil fines. NASD's current threshold for disclosing sanctions; Reasons stated by TBMA...
- TBMA extends comment deadline on electronic disclosure report. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;05/12/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30391, p5
Announces Bond Market Association Task Force on Electronic Information Delivery's extension of the comment period for its report recommending the use of Hypertext Markup Language to file secondary market disclosures electronically. Deadline for comments; Warning on the chaos resulting from the...
- GFOA panel to seek new electronic disclosure report. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;06/30/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30425, p1
Focuses on the call by the Government Finance Officers Association for another electronic disclosure report due to its dissatisfaction with an industry task force report on electronic disclosure in the United States. Report's recommendation that bond issuers use only hypertext markup language as...
- FORM: California Natural Hazard Disclosure Statement. Schroeder, Alayna; Bray, Ilona; Stewart, Marcia // Nolo's Essential Guide to Buying Your First Home;2010, pW16
A worksheet regarding a California natural hazard disclosure statement is presented which appears in the book "Nolo's Essential Guide to Buying Your First Home."