HUD budget on rise, secretary says
- HUD on the Houston. Auster, Bruce B.; Makovsky, David // U.S. News & World Report;09/01/97, Vol. 123 Issue 8, p20
Discusses the criticism that Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Andrew Cuomo has received for reorganizing the agency. The belief that the effort is related to Cuomo's desire to joining Vice President Al Gore's political team in 2000; Details of the plan; The protest memo sent to...
- Andrew Cuomo appointed new secretary of HUD. Jacobs, Barry G. // National Real Estate Investor;Feb97, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p34
Focuses on the appointment of Andrew Cuomo as new secretary of US Department of Housing and Urban Development. Career background; Endorsement from former Secretary Henry Cisneros; Comments of New York Rep. Rick Lazio.
- HUD Ache. Stanfield, Rochelle L. // Government Executive;Oct98, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p31
Focuses on the issue on the number of employees in the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) agency maintained by HUD Secretary Andrew Cuomo. Factors that will affect the decision of the agency to reduce the staff to 7,500; Role of the National Academy of Public Administration (NAPA); Effort of...
- Rebuilding HUD. // Government Executive;Aug97, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the launching of HUD2020, Secretary Andrew Cuomo's reform plans to transform the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Includes the creation of an enforcement division to fight graft and corruption; Retraining of employees; Consolidation of the department's programs.
- THE PERFECT PRINCE OF COOL. Raab, Scott // Esquire;Nov2000, Vol. 134 Issue 5, p156
Features Andrew Cuomo, secretary of the United States Housing and Urban Development. Remarks about the plaques he received; Information on his social activities; Comments about running for governor in New York.
- Andy At It Again. Bovard, James // American Spectator;Apr2000, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p52
Criticizes United States Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Andrew Cuomo. Public relations effort of Cuomo at HUD; Public relations campaign of the HUD; Programs at the HUD.
- Mr. Goldsmith goes to Washington. King, Mason; Pletz, John // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/02/98, Vol. 19 Issue 33, p4A
Reports on Indianapolis, Indiana Mayor Steve Goldsmith's meeting with Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Andrew Cuomo in Washington, D.C. Discussion about delays in HUD-related projects in Indianapolis; Agreement needed for the sale of three vacant apartment buildings; Three buildings...
- Budget cuts could devastate urban housing. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;09/02/99, Vol. 90 Issue 36, p5
Reports on United States Department of Housing and Urban Development Secretary Andrew Cuomo's criticism of budgetary cuts proposed by the Republican-dominated US Congress. Concerns about the devastating impact of the cuts on the nation's poorest communities; Effect on the rehabilitation of...
- Strong Smell of Fish From Cuomo's Bacon. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;10/22/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p34
Discusses attempts of Andrew Cuomo, former secretary of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to become governor of New York. Reasons for assumptions that New Yorkers would support him; Effort of the HUD to provide employment.