Reprieve for New York Sports Channels
- TW ENTERS THE GAME. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/28/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 17, p6
Reports on the creation of cable television for sports broadcasting by Time Warner Cable Inc. in New York City. Features of the cable television; Television channels included on the cable television; Price in subscribing the cable television.
- NBA TV Scores Net Gains With MSOs. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;9/29/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 39, p14
Reports that National Basketball Association Commissioner David Stern has delivered on a preseason prediction that his NBA TV channel would have cable carriage in time for the 2003-2004 season. Range of cable networks that have signed on to carry the digital network in October 2003; Comments...
- Four Screens on Five-Ring Event. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p35
The article focuses on the Oceanic Cable system developed by Time Warner for the winter games. The remarks of executive Joan Gillman on the multiscreen feature are presented. The plan to offer the Mosaic feature in news, sports and children's genres is addressed. Information about the Compass...
- Foul ball, say cable ops. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/18/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 7, p9
Focuses on the complaints of several cable operators on the price of installing the Yankee Entertainment Service (YES) cable channel in the U.S. Amount of monthly per sub; Views of the spokesman for Time Warner Cable Inc. on the cable price; Efforts of Cablevision of selling YES.
- NBA TV Nets Cable Carriage Deals. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/29/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p6
Reports on the cable affiliate deals of NBA TV with Cablevision Systems Corp, Cox Communications and Time Warner Cable, as of September 29, 2003. Cost of Time Warner's sport tier; Cable channels included in Cox's sport-and-information tier; Program lineup of NBA TV.
- N.Y. Op Adds a Sports Tier. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;11/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p2
Reports that cable television provider, Time Warner Cable in New York and New Jersey is introducing a digital sports tier in November 2003. Sports channels included in the sports tier; Number of digital customers of Time Warner Cable; Reason for the lawsuit filed by YES channel against Time...
- VALUE OF THE GAME. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p1B
Examines the relationship between sporting events and the cable industry and the high level of influence each has on the other. Domination of cable or broadcast networks in telecast rights of major U.S. sports; Consistent viewership ratings enjoyed by sporting events; High costs of acquisition...
- Cox Tips Hornets-Centered Net In N'awlins. Umstead, R Thomas // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p14
Reports on deals of the regional sports network Cox Sports Television, slated to launch on October 28, 2002 with several television networks. Terms of the agreement of the network with the ESPN channel to provide college-sports events and news programming; Plans of the network regarding its...
- Cable bases loading up with new sports webs. Richmond, Ray // Variety;10/14/96, Vol. 364 Issue 11, p39
Reports on developments related to cable television in the United States as of October 14, 1996. Cable networks' launch of sports news channels; Background on the market for sports news channels; Market observers' comments.