Sunflower Picks Digeo for Moxi Deployment
- Fast Internet access. Nobel, Carmen // PC Week;09/08/97, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p135
Discusses cable modem Internet access in the United States as of September 8, 1997. Companies providing cable modem like Suburban Cable of Pennsylvania; Percentage of cable users in the US that are hooked up for two-way traffic; Transfer rates for cable modem; Percentage of US Internet users...
- National Show Prompts Vendor News. // Multichannel News;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p122
The U.S.-based broadcasting company Digeo Inc. said it plans to bring its Moxie media center platform into compliance with the cable industry's OpenCable application platform as of June 9, 2003. Digeo chief executive Jim Billmaier said the company already is running a Java Virtual Machine on its...
- With S-A on deck, Digeo hits two-for-two. // CED;Aug2002, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p10
Reports on Digeo Inc.'s signing of a deal with Scientific-Atlanta to create home media center that operates Digeo's Moxi platform. Expected commercial release of the product in 2003; Granting of the distribution rights to Charter Communications Inc.
- Cable options expand. Nobel, Carmen // PC Week;05/25/98, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p3
Reports on developments in the cable modem industry as of May 25, 1998. Work on the Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) cable modem standard which will allow cable operators to bill customers based on usage; How prices are expected to be impacted; Vendors developing...
- Clarification. // CableFAX Daily;10/11/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 197, p3
This article reports that the Moxi Media Center of Digeo is in trials with Comcast.
- Road to Nowhere? Vittore, Vince // Telephony;11/27/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 22, p46
Discusses why cable television operators may not be able to provide access to multiple Internet service providers (ISP). Technical problems of Internet access; Challenges in allowing customers a choice in ISP; Problems of cable operators on the contentions among ISP.
- HBO Flanks 'Brothers' with Robust Web Site. // Multichannel News;9/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p68
Reports the deployment of video and interactive content for viewers of Home Box Office (HBO). Aim of HBO in offering historical footage; Advancement of the miniseries through the web site of 'Band of Brothers'; Benefits of the site to broadband users.
- UK customers get on-demand services. A.B., Shamsul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the introduction of an on-demand service in the cable television industry in Great Britain. Necessity of retaining customers for the technological advancement of the broadcasting industry; Different approaches of the services for content acquisition.
- Number of Cable TV Systems, 1975-1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p188
No abstract available.